Sunday, October 4, 2026

All My Toys: 321

It's the aftermath of the Club Ritz Inferno! Who made it out alive? Find out now!


Present day. The woods on the outskirts of town.
Miss M: Thank you all for coming here today. This is such a somber day.

Miss M: I wasn't expecting us to have to say goodbye. But after the events of last week, and the fire, well, I just really wanted to make sure we could say farewell properly. Farewell to a very dear and special friend.

Flashback to a week ago. Night of the Club Ritz fire. Toy Valley General Hospital. 

Miss M: (sighs) How long is this going to take?

Winston: (knocks and comes in) M?! What in the world is going on? Billy called me. 
Miss M: Winston! It's been a mess. 

Winston: Yeah, I'm not one to be left out, but I'm kinda glad I missed this party. Your dad's club burned down? And he's a fugitive? Are you ok?
Miss M: I think so. They've been running tests from all the smoke I inhaled in the fire. 
Winston: What happened? 

Miss M: I don't even know where to begin. By chance I learned from Dick that my dad was a criminal. I went to confront him. Apparently there was all this chaos happening at the club. My dad confessed all sorts of horrible things. Then there was a loud explosion. It gets a little fuzzy after that. I kinda passed out. Well, not kinda. A real pass out. I was unconscious.

Winston: Wow. That is crazy. And some woman hit Billy over the head? He isn't feeling well.

Miss M: I know! They've been running all kinds of tests on him. He's not supposed to go to sleep.
Winston: Because of Freddy?
Miss M: What? No. He might be concussed or I dunno, whatever brain stuff happens when you've been hit in the head.

Winston tunes out Miss M as he becomes distracted by something in the corner. Something terrifying. 

Miss M: (unaware) So basically he's in observation. I still don't know how I got out of the building. The police are looking for my dad. Oh Winston, his list of crimes. I don't even know where to begin. I'm a broken record. Then there was some mess with the lounge singers. They're also looking for Glo's co-worker Lana. But that's not her real name. She goes by Charlotte or something. I don't know. It all just sounds like a crazy mess. They're still investigating how the explosion and fire even started. Something about toxic waste. Maybe? I'm just lost. I just want to be home. (pauses) Winston?

Miss M: Umm, Winston? You there?

Winston: (jumps) Yeah, yeah, I'm here. It's crazy.
Miss M: Where were you just now?
Winston: I... I... I'm going to go talk to Billy. See how he is doing ok?
Miss M: Ok. Glad you came up here.

Winston hurries off.

Toy Valley Hospital. Glo's room.
Jason: I got the all clear to leave, but I wanted to check on you. You ok? Where's Ava?
Glo: Nurses are running some tests on her. Which is driving me crazy because they need to also run tests on me so I can't be with her. She seems fine though.
Jason: Yeah. She's had a night. We all have.

Glo: You can say that again. This has been a nightmare. Have you heard any news? Did they find Lana? I mean Charlotte?

Jason: No. No sign of her. And no sign of Big Boy. They're assuming they both might be dead or could have escaped.

Glo: Maybe Big Boy escaped, but no way Charlotte did. I saw the ceiling collapse on her. But it's so strange. I couldn't see any signs of her under the rubble when we escaped.
Jason: Let the police sort that out. For now, I'm just glad Ava and you are ok. 
Glo: Me too. Thank you for being with her. 
Jason: Of course. I just wanted to make sure you were ok. I guess I'll be going. 

Glo: Ok. Be careful out there.

Jason: Glo?
Glo: Yeah?
Jason: Now that we won't be seeing each other at work anymore, would you maybe like to get together for coffee. Or maybe dinner sometime? After everything we've been through, it'd be nice to get together every now and then.

Glo: Sure. I'd like that.

Toy Valley General Hospital. Breathless' room.

Breathless: What is this place? They don't have any whiskey or something?

Dick Tracy: I think hospitals stopped carrying alcohol back in the sixties. Unless it's rubbing alcohol.
Breathless: Can't really drink that, now can I? Just be glad you aren't an orderly. Your head gets to stay intact.
Dick Tracy: Good. I like my head where it's at. How are you?

Breathless: How do you think? (laughs) I really strayed away from the plan huh?
Dick Tracy: Yeah. What's this about you owning the club?
Breathless: I know we were looking for evidence that Big Boy killed my fiancé, but I just wasn't finding any. I was then approached by Trish Manlis with an offer I couldn't refuse. To own the building. Not the name of the club but the building. I figured I'd use that as leverage to get the dirt on Big Boy. (sighs) What a waste. Turns out this time, he really didn't do it.
Dick Tracy: And you heard this woman named Charlotte confess? And Charlotte was masquerading as Lana Taylor? 

Breathless: Yeah. I don't even know how to explain this. One minute we were all looking at Lana, and then she just slipped her skin off revealing this Charlotte woman. It was bizarre. I've never seen anything like it. It was like a horror show.

Dick Tracy: It sounds like it. I'm sorry you had to go through that. They haven't been able to find her body, but the rescue team is fairly certain she didn't survive. Glo mentioned the ceiling collapsed on her.

Breathless: One lunatic down, one more to go. I'm scared Tracy. I'm scared big time. Big Boy is still out there. And I know he's going to come for me. He wasn't too happy with the accusations and trick I pulled on him. I don't suppose the rescue team has found him?

Dick Tracy: No. They haven't. But don't worry Breathless. I will make sure nothing happens to you.
Breathless: (sighs) And how are you gonna do that detective? Hmm? 

Dick Tracy: I'll make sure you are protected. Round the clock. Do you have a safe space to go home to tonight?
Breathless: I suppose. However, half the police force is on Big Boy's pay roll. 
Dick Tracy: Not anymore. With everything being exposed now, Big Boy has already lost his power. His close pals are now all vying to see who will run everything. At least that's the word on the street. I'm inclined to believe it. This unfortunate series of events tonight, well, Big Boy has nothing.
Breathless: With Jafar's money from his will, I could probably get a suite at the Chateau Chablis instead of going to my ratty apartment. For the time being. 

Dick Tracy: Great. If you get that set up, let me know the room number and I'll make sure you have round the clock protection. From people I trust. Ok? 
Breathless: Thank you Tracy. You sure know how to make a girl feel safe.

Toy Valley Hospital. Billy's room.
Winston: Billy! Man. You ok?
Billy: I think so. Just wish I could get my head to stop ringing. The doctor thinks I have a concussion. It kinda sucks.
Winston: Yeah. I'm sorry Billy. Does Sulu know?
Billy: Not yet. I sent a transmission to his ship, but depending on where he's at in space, it could be a while before he gets the message.

Winston: Anything I can do to help?

Billy: I don't even know. This has been the craziest night. So much has happened. Winston, we almost died tonight.

Dr. Nick: Hey everybody! 
Billy: Oh doctor, it's nice to see you. Any good news?
Dr. Nick: You've got a concussion. You should probably be sitting up. And you don't want to go to sleep with a concussion ok?
Winston: Because of Freddy?
Dr. Nick: Exactly. Because of Freddy.
Winston: I knew it.
Billy: What? Is there, maybe, I dunno, another doctor on staff?
Dr. Nick: Nope. Just me. Come on, let's get you discharged ok?

Toy Valley Hospital. Glo's room. Again. 


Dominique: Hey. It's me.

Glo: What are you doing here?
Dominique: I'm leaving. Got a clean bill of health from this nightmare of a night. Wanted to see how you were?

Glo: I'll be a lot better when they're done running tests on my daughter and we can just go home. I want to wash this night off of me.

Dominique: I can imagine. Ya know Glo, we may have unfinished business, but I truly didn't know what that skin walker was up to. While there are things that you still need to answer for, I wouldn't do you dirty like that.

Glo: Go on. Say it. Unlike how dirty I was to Nelly and you.
Dominique: I'm not saying that. We were a team though. Not just in music but in survival. 
Glo: I never meant for things to go down the way they did. I loved Nelly's brother. He's the father of my child.
Dominique: I know. But there's no denying what you did.
Glo: I had no choice.
Dominique: Girl. You know damn well there's always a choice.

Ava: Mama. They said I was all good. Can we go home now? 

Glo: Thank goodness. Yes. We just need to sign some discharge papers. 
Dominique: My god. She looks just like Bargello.

Ava: Who is that?

Dominique: He's...
Glo: (interrupts) An old friend of ours. 

Glo: Well, Dominique, this has been, something. 
Dominique: I'll say. Didn't quite enjoy myself with whatever this was. But perhaps we'll see each other again soon. Very soon.

Dominique: Ava, you take care of yourself now ok? No more sneaking into night clubs.
Ava: Yes ma'am. Mama, am I still in trouble?
Glo: We'll talk when we get home.
Ava: Dang. That's a yes.

Toy Valley Hospital. Miss M's room. Again.

Miss M: H E double hockey sticks how long is this going to take? I can breathe just fine! (coughs slightly)

Miss M: I just want to go home. Slip into my jammies and watch my soaps with Chewie. Maybe pick up some fries on the way home since this has been a disaster of a night. What do I even do?

Bruce Wayne: M?
Miss M: Bruce?! (sits up quickly)

Bruce Wayne: I had to make sure you were ok.

Miss M: Did Dick call you? Or Winston? How did you know I was here? Has this been on the news?

Bruce Wayne: It is on the news, yes, but I was there. In my suit. 

Miss M: You were there? Did you get hurt?
Bruce Wayne: No. I'm Batman. I don't get hurt.
Miss M: Says the man who had an aneurism and then amnesia. How did you even know to be there? And don't say because you're Batman.
Bruce Wayne: Well. Dick was being attacked in an alley by crooks that work for your dad. I was patrolling the streets and stumbled upon the scene. From there Dick shared enough for me to realize your dad's role in everything. I rushed to your place to find you, but you weren't there. We then found out during the fire that you were upstairs in the penthouse.

Miss M: Are you the one that saved me? How did I get out of the penthouse?

Bruce Wayne: I don't know. I went to find you, but you weren't up there. I then found you on the ground unconscious outside the building.
Miss M: I wonder who saved me?
Bruce Wayne: Whoever it was, I'm thankful they did. M, I need to tell you something...

Dick Tracy: (walks in) M... Oh. Bruce Wayne. Didn't expect to see you here.

Bruce Wayne: Yeah, well when I learned the one of the mothers of my daughter was nearly killed tonight I rushed over.
Dick Tracy: Nothing to fear, she's going to be ok. This has been a scary night.

Miss M: Scary, and upsetting. My dad's a wanted man. 
Bruce Wayne: I'm sorry M.
Miss M: I'm the one to be sorry. His list of crimes is distressing. His crimes have impacted the both of you.

Dick Tracy: You don't need to apologize for the actions of your father. We'll find him and he'll answer for it all. 

Dick Tracy: Well Bruce, I think I can take it from here. I overheard the nurses, you'll be free to go soon M.
Bruce Wayne: Wonderful news.

Bruce Wayne: I'm glad you are ok.
Miss M: You had something to tell me. What was it?
Bruce Wayne: It can wait. Just get some rest. I'll talk to you soon.

Bruce Wayne leaves.

Dick Tracy: You ok?
Miss M: Yeah. I'm just tired. And want to go home.

Dick Tracy: I understand. I'll drive you home. I can't stay, I have more work to do.

Miss M: I get it. I actually just want to be alone tonight.

Dick Tracy: Ok. Let's get going.
Miss M: Before we leave, I just want to see Glo. If she's still here.

Toy Valley Hospital. Glo's room. The final time.

Miss M: Knock, knock. Ava?! What are you doing here?
Ava: I was out at the club.
Glo: Yeah. This little gremlin snuck into Club Ritz tonight. Thankfully I think this has turned her off from the night life. 
Ava: It smelled funny there.
Glo: (rolls eyes) Yeah, yeah, go on and wait outside with Uncle Billy. I need to talk with Auntie M. And I'm still upset with you for sneaking out. 
Ava: (rolls eyes) I know.

Glo: She's eleven going on twenty five. I don't know how I'm going to survive this. (shakes head) It's whatever, how are you?
Miss M: I came to ask you the same thing.
Glo: I've been better.
Miss M: I'm so sorry.

Glo: You better stop apologizing to me. We are sisters. We've been through hell and back, and have the worn out heels to show for it.

Miss M: But Glo. You were working and seeing all kinds of awful things no doubt all because of my dad.
I should've been more against the idea of you working for him.

Glo: How were you to know?
Miss M: I had a little doubt. 
Glo: Only because you were worried it could be awkward for me working with your dad. None of us had any idea he was the head of the town's mafia scene. 
Miss M: My parents huh? My mom tried to kill me for a life insurance policy and my dad is involved deep with organized crime. I don't even know how to begin processing that.

Glo: Don't worry about all that. We all have stuff to process and there are no timelines. I feel terrible I knew for months and didn't tell you. It has been very complicated.
Miss M: I trust you. If you had reasons, they were big reasons. I'm not fussing over that.
Glo: Thank you.
Miss M: Are you ok with that woman? Lana? Charlotte? Whatever her name is?
Glo: Yeah. You know my past. What was really going on when I was in Shad3. I'm a magnet for supernatural bitches. We'll get through this.

Miss M: Yeah. I know we will.

Dick Tracy: Hey ladies.
Glo: Hi Dick.

Dick Tracy: I actually can't take you home M. I am needed at the station. But I have a squad car ready to drive you home. Officer Eddie will take you. He's in the lobby.
Miss M: I know him. I'll go to him now.

Dick Tracy: Great. I love you.
Miss M: I love you too.

Miss M: I'll see you soon. We're long overdue for a lunch.
Glo: Yes we are.

Glo: I'll call you tomorrow. Or rather later on today since it's like four am.

Miss M: Sounds good.

Miss M: I'll talk to you later too. (they kiss real quick before M leaves)

Dick Tracy: Things have turned out a little unexpected huh?
Glo: You think?
Dick Tracy: I wanted to do everything by the book, but sometimes life has other plans.

Glo: What kind of danger are we in? Mr. Caprice is still out there. 

Dick Tracy: I don't think he'll be coming after you. If Big Boy is indeed still alive, he'll have his sights set on me.

Moments later, Miss M's apartment.
Miss M: Honey, I'm home. (pauses) Oh, I forgot. I'm not married.

Miss M: But I am the proud owner of the bestest little boy ever. Chewie? I'm home! I'm sorry it took longer than expected. Chewie?

Miss M inhales air and tries to speak but nothing comes out.




Miss M: Ch-Chewie?

Miss M: (begins to sob) Oh no. Oh no. My little prince. Please no.

Back to the present.
Miss M: These last couple years I wasn't as involved in Chewie's care, but I am forever grateful that this past month he was back home with me and we were able to spend some quality time together. My only regret (sniffles) is that we didn't get a proper good bye. Thank you all for being here and sharing Chewie's memory. 

The event winds down.

Friends offer their condolences. 

Words of encouragement and support. 

Shared memories and laughs.

Promises of brighter days ahead. 

Yvie: Mom? Who is that?

Miss M: Oh, this is one of my friends. His name is Mr. Tracy.
Yvie: Nice to meet you Mr. Tracy.

There are looks of longing that are unexplained.

And looks of interest. Curiosity that something is afoot.

Yvie: That's a bright yellow hat.
Dick Tracy: I do like the color yellow.
Yvie: Interesting.

Yvie: Mom, don't feel sad. I didn't get to say good bye to Chewie either. But we loved him just the same.
Bruce Wayne: Yeah, we all did. Come on Yvie, let's go talk to Ava and Auntie Glo.
Miss M: Love you Yvie.
Yvie: Love you too.

Bruce Wayne: I'm so sorry M. I really thought he'd be around a little longer.
Miss M: You did say he was sick. The vet gave a range of time, luck for longer just wasn't on our side.
Bruce Wayne: I know. I'll see ya around. (nods at Dick Tracy) Dick.
Dick Tracy: (nods back to Bruce Wayne) Bruce.

Dick Tracy: You've been through it lately.
Miss M: Yeah. That's life though. Right?

Dick Tracy: Maybe. But still. You want me to come over tonight? Or do you want to be alone?

Miss M: I think I want to be alone.

Later on that night. Miss M's apartment.
Miss M looks around her empty apartment. 

Miss M: What do I do now?

Miss M: It's crazy right? Everything has just been a mess. And on top of that, I've lost Chewie. I've lost two furbabies. Luke Skybarker and now Chewbarka. I just feel so lonely.

Godzilla: (sadly) rawr.

Miss M: (teary eyed) I know Godzilla. It just continues to hurt. This pain. It never ends. I just want my life to be like the Golden Girls instead of Dynasty. Oh, who am I kidding, I'm to low rent for it to be Dynasty. 
Godzilla: (strokes M's bangs out of her face) Rawr.
Miss M: Thanks for thinking I'm Dynasty material Godzilla.

Godzilla: Rawr.

Miss M: And then there's all this stuff with my dad. It all hurts. Bruce is acting weird. I have this faint memory of being rescued, and I feel like I saw who saved me, but I just can't connect the dots. Arg! It's all a mess!
Godzilla: RAWR!

Miss M: (wipes tears from face) Oh! Someone is here. Come in.

Miss M: What?! What in the world?! Dad! What are you doing here?!
Itchy: (waves) Hey kid.
Big Boy Caprice: I know, I know. I'm the last person you need to be foolin with. But I need your help baby. I got nowhere else to go. Itchy's the only one I can trust, aside from you.
Miss M: You think you can trust me?! Give me one good reason why I shouldn't be calling the police to come and arrest you for everything you have done?!
Big Boy Caprice: Eh stop being so moschino will you? I'm not perfect, but I'm still your dad. Can you just hear me out? Let me explain everything. And after that, if you want to call me in, I won't stop you. Just hear me out honey. We're the only family we have. 

Miss M: I do have a daughter. And great friends. All the family I need. But. I'm giving you five minutes to explain your self. And then I'll still be calling the police. 

Big Boy Crapice: Fair. Ok, first thing's first, you got any prujoot?

Up Next! Miss M finds herself in a pickle. 


No comments:

Post a Comment