Sunday, September 23, 2018

Funko Savage World

Funko is at it again with a toy line that has my heart a flutter. Click the link to learn all about it.




Funko has long been a toy company that has managed to make some really fun stuff. They are the only toy company that I can think of that really went out and made great products for the General Mills Monster Cereal characters. They of course have dominated collectors everywhere with their Pop figures. But if you think all Funko truly has to offer are Pop figures than you are missing out on some great lines they have made. They went into the six inch figure scale and came out with some fun lines. I am absolutely obsessed with their Rock Candy line as evidenced by the toy stories I share. Their 3.75 inch lines are great too. (Their latest offering is a Glow two pack that is fantastic.)

With all of that said Funko has released a new line entitled Savage World. It is an all encompassing line that takes your favorite properties and re-imagines them as 5.5 inch figures similar to vintage Masters of the Universe toys. The first introduction to this was with the Son of Zorn toy line that fit right in with the aesthetic of that type of toy design. Next up was a line of Mortal Kombat figures that looked pretty fun and fit right in with He-Man and his friends. However the latest line of Savage World figures comes from the world of horror. Some of the greatest horror movie baddies to ever grace the cinematic screen are now designed to look like they can go toe to toe with He-Man and She-Ra.

I, of course, have been buying these like they are candy. They have come out at the perfect time of year. While I enjoy horror movies all year round, there is something about Halloween season that magnifies my love for horror movies. I want to share with you all some of the figures I have been collecting and just what I have been doing with them. Over on Instagram I have been doing a mash up of horror movies meets the Princess of Power.

The basic premise is that the scariest movie monsters in the world have somehow traveled to Etheria and they plan on terrorizing members of the Great Rebellion! The first two little stories are more like teasers while the final one plays out like a nice silent little fantasy horror film. Enjoy!

"You Are All My Toys"








"Halloween Comes to Etheria"














































As you can tell I love horror movies and I love toys. Nothing is more fun than just playing and having far too much fun. I have a Leatherface Savage World figure and only need to get one more which is Pin Head. So there will be more of these silent stories coming soon. Also the next line of Savage World figures are going to be ThunderCats and they look so amazing. Pre-orders are up at various stores so you can check out the images available for them. 

Now don't go too far. There is always something in the works at the Diary. I am working on a brand new All My Toys and it is going to be a doozy. So stick around and as always thank you for taking the time to read. 

7 comments:

  1. Very cool to see these finally! I've had one or two preordered for a few months now but didn't realize they were out yet. Where did you get them?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got them from the Think Geek near me but the comic store I go to also has them. They are a lot of fun! I hope they come in soon for you!

      Delete
  2. Those will find their fans, like you. I am too scared to watch scary movies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is ok Cal. Scary movies are not for everyone!

      Delete
  3. It's fun to hear you gush about toys in between the toy stories. It takes a play expert to articulate just what fun can be had! I'm a bit taken with these figures as well since they look less like monsters and more like pro wrestlers!

    I'm gearing up for Halloween as well. They'll already got the decorations up at work and I had my neighbor's over to watch classic scary movies that they'd never seen before they moved out. Now that they're gone I need to find some company to share since its no fun watching these by myself!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am honored that you think I am a play expert. These figures are so much fun with their proportions because they fit right in with the toys I love very dearly, namely He-Man and She-Ra. It is just a perfect fit.

      I am so excited for Halloween this year. I have been watching some of my favorites and gearing up for more. That is cool that you have been sharing some movies with your neighbors. Sounds like a really nice night! And I hope you will be able to find that company to share in watching more with. I enjoy watching horror movies far more with other people than I do by myself even though I will still watch them alone too. Haha. I hope you have been doing well!

      Delete
  4. Hope to find some down my way one day!

    ReplyDelete