Tuesday, September 3, 2019

Truth Tellin and the Future of All My Toys

Hi dolls! There are some changes in store at the Diary, so click the link and see what is new!




One of the things I have valued about Diary of a Dorkette has been the ability to connect with so many people through a mutual love of toys and the imagination we all have for the coolest hobby around. However, I have noticed that my connections with my dear toy friends has moved away from this blog and expanded further on social media. This is a trend we have all noticed for the past number of years. I embrace this because it allows me the space to create and share in new and different ways, ways that are even easier to consume.

Take for instance All My Toys. My dear beloved toy soap opera that is very long in the tooth. A number of people have told me that it can be hard to keep up with due to the lengthy nature of each story. I agree. That shit can be way too long. Not only that but they take forever to finish. The planning, photos, writing and editing that goes into these stories is overwhelming.

Luckily I have found a way to tell my stories in a new and exciting way. If you follow me on Instagram than you know I have been creating these mini toy comics with dialogue bubbles and the whole works. Each story is ten "pages" and there is a lot of goofy fun packed into each post. This is where All My Toys will live on. So if you enjoy the adventures of Miss M and all of her toy friends, find me on IG under Diary of a Dorkette to enjoy more.

So what does that mean for this blog? I am not going to stop posting on here but I am thinking of making this Diary even more personal than it has ever been. Many of you who follow me on social media know that back in June I came out and shared publicly that I am a transgender woman. It was not an easy thing for me to do. It is something I have wrestled with ever since I first started this blog.

I am deeply moved though that so many people stood by me and supported me. That love and support I felt was so special and it really let me know that I have surrounded myself with some of the best people in the entire universe.

This detail of my life though has brought up questions for people. It places a shift on my childhood and the stories I have about toy collecting and what that experience was like, because even though I was born biologically male, I believed and wanted to be a girl so much. This also took place during the 80's and 90's, a time that was not always the most kind and understanding. That opens the door for a variety of experiences that I think you might be interested in reading about. So look for those stories on here.

So that is about it for now. I am very thankful to know you all and appreciate the support and friendship these past 8 years! It means the world to me! Hope everyone is doing well, talk more soon!


4 comments:

  1. You know I will always be here because I am a fan.

    ReplyDelete
  2. change is always good miss m . and congrats on deciding to reveal who you really are . for after all the only thing that matters is we are all human .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Change is a good thin, I totally agree. And thank you for the kind comment, we are all human which matters most!

      Delete