Monday, August 1, 2011

Why aren't you watching?! The new Thundercats! HO!

Hello dear readers! At least I hope there is someone reading. I would like to take the time to tell you all that you must tune in to the new Thundercats cartoon on Cartoon Network. I finally saw the first episode from this past Friday and I am really liking it!

Now I am not going to lie, I am not the biggest Thundercats fan out there so I don't know everything there is to know about the cats. I did watch the old cartoon when I was younger though and I had a few of the toys. Cheetara was my favorite one. I mean come on, who doesn't like Cheetara? When I was younger I would have my Cheetara toy wreck the happy home of He-Man and Teela. It was all very Knots Landing. Loved it!

Back to the new cartoon. I really liked it. The animation was really good, there was a nice flow to it. Nice colors too.  The characters looked fantastic and the backgrounds were just stunning. I felt like I wanted to see more of the world. The voices for the characters was also very nice! Nothing really annoyed me at all.

This brings me to Snarf. I was never a big fan of the original. His voice irked me for some reason. I always wanted to like him. I really did. However I just couldn't. This new Snarf is actually cute and fun though. I wonder if he will somehow be able to talk later on.

The storyline is really good. I have only seen one episode. I don't want to give anything away, but I was interested in what was going on. Great action and character development. And I was actually creeped out by Mumm-Ra. I am also liking the connections that the characters have with each other. Tygra and Lion-O are brothers, by adoption. That is a pretty neat twist. Cheetara is just awesome. Plain and simple. I also like WilyKit and WilyKat. The show is different and fresh, I am glad it is not a straight redo of the original.

I have no idea where the show's direction is going to go, but I look forward to more episodes. I also hope they have a really cool opening scene. I loved the original one and the theme song. Such a fun song! I don't know what it was about 80s cartoons, but they all had such great theme songs.

I also hope this new reboot will inspire some other cartoons to get a second chance at life (or third, or fourth, depending on previous lives played.) There are a couple of cartoons I would love to see make a huge comeback. I'm looking at you She-Ra... And don't even think I have forgotten about Jem either!

What about you? Did you see the new Thundercats cartoon? What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment