Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Toy Chest Tuesday! Starship Troopers!

Yes, Starship Troopers! Click below for the dorky goodness!




Very recently the mastermind behind Cool and Collected, Brian, was advertising on his site some cool toys he had for sale. He had picked up a nice haul of stuff, items I had forgotten about and in some cases never even really knew had been made. So take a moment and peruse the items he has, there may still be some things available. Information on how to inquire about any particular set or item will be on the pages.

Batch 1
Batch 2
Batch 3
Batch 4
Batch 5

Now that you are back, let's see what I picked up.

I have already discussed Gargoyles before, especially this figure. The Demona I originally had was dealing with some wonky eyes, and so I wanted the chance to own another one. The one Brian had was great and I am sure we will be seeing more of this cool crazy gargoyle soon.

The other item I had to pick up was something that I had no idea even existed. I really don't know how this slipped through my grasp of knowledge, but I am so glad to have it in my collection! 

Carmen a.k.a. Denise Richards from Starship Troopers! How did I not know this? I loved that movie so much. I mean, Casper Van Dien has a jawline that could slice through butta. I had the biggest crush on him and the movie was also pretty fun. Anyways, enough of my silly crushes, this toy line was made in 1997 by Galoob to tie in with the movie. I still don't understand why I never knew this. 

The figure looks nothing like Denise, but the figure does look cool! She comes with an arsenal of weapons to hunt down some Bugs and she looks like she is able to stand on her own. (Though I don't really know as I am unsure if I want to open this up yet or not.)

The back of the card features a usual list of features for toys; emphasis on the figure as well as a line up of items for sale.

There's also the requisite bio...

All kinds of information on the figure...

Detailed information on the items and what they all do...

And then there is the other figures for sale as well as a vehicle. I think Michelangelo might have some competition with Johnny Rico! Dorky love triangle here we go. I'm kidding, but I would not be opposed to collecting more of these. Especially the TAC Fighter. Everyone needs a flying ship like that. This was a pretty cool line! I feel so dumb for not knowing it even existed! Although, maybe on some level I did, but I am just beyond consumed with so many cool things in this world. That or I'm just old and my brain cells don't work like they used to. Either way, I am thrilled to have this item in my collection! Thank you Brian!

So that's about it for this week's Toy Chest Tuesday! It was slightly short this week as I am working on a very cool and highly dorky Thanksgiving piece that will hopefully have you all in stitches. Not like hospital stitches, but the laughing kind of stitches. Take care everyone!

6 comments:

  1. I LOVE those GARGOYLES figures as much as I loved the cartoon. Like me you go for the girl figures first because it's rare to see them in a line.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the Gargoyles line was just as awesome as the cartoon for sure. I do tend to go for the girl figures, partly because I'm a girl but also because they are very rare to see in lines. It can be very annoying for sure when collecting.

      Delete
  2. I had the bug from that line. I wonder if it's still sitting in my parents' basement...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh that is cool Dex! I think you are the only person I know that had any of these.

      Delete