Thursday, October 6, 2011

Halloween Horror Stories

I love this time of year. October is such a fun month with Halloween and all. Halloween is like my second or third favorite holiday. First off there is the candy, all that yummy candy. Also one of my best friends was born on Halloween so there is always a fun birthday party every year. Of course there are the horror movies too. I will watch a good scary movie any time of the year, but I will really do my best to have a whole horror movie marathon to get me ready for Halloween.

The heavy hitters are all there, the Halloweens, Friday the 13ths, Nightmare on Elm Streets, and a few other fun fright films. I love a good scary movie. Even a good cheesy scary movie, hence the list I just mentioned. I love slasher films and monster movies. I love anything with zombies. Pile on the suspense please, but don't give me a ton of needless gross out gore. Torture films bother me, there tends to be too much excessive violence. I know the popular idea is that major horror equals major violence, but the thing is this, I watch a horror movie to be scared. Not grossed out. Bloody stumps and fake lifeless rubber heads do not scare me. So the whole jigsaw puzzle piece madman and grody hostel environments do nothing for me.

It seems that the majority of horror movies that have come out in the past ten years have been heavy on torture and gore. I rarely see any new movies that really freak me out. There have been a few. The Strangers freaked me out. The House of the Devil was really creepy (until the lackluster end) and had a nice vintage feel. However it seemed easier to be scared when I was younger than as an adult.

Of course I just recently saw Insidious. Can I just say, that movie freaked me out big time. If you have not seen it, run out and Netflix it, stream it or whatever! Just watch it! I really liked it. I'm not going to act like I am some know-it-all with horror movies, but I do know a thing or two. Or three. And this was a good scary movie.

So if you have not seen this movie, do not read anymore. If you have seen the movie, or don't care one way or another, by all means, keep on reading. The basic premise of the movie is this, a family freaks out when their son falls into a mysterious coma when all signs say he shouldn't be in one. Mom and dad freak out. The other two children are sad that their brother is in a coma.

Weird stuff soon starts happening as mom starts seeing and hearing scary things. Soon everyone in the family is dealing with crazy horrific events. All of a sudden the grandmother pops up and starts to shed some light on stuff after seeing a creepy Darth Maul like demon, that is purely terrifying. Anyway so what we find out is that the boy is not really in a coma. His spirit is stuck in the astral plane, with ghosts and all kinds of bad stuff trying to find their way into the little boy's body. Well the only real threat to the boy is the Darth Maul demon, who has the potential to inhabit the boy's body and cause havoc in the real world.

That is all I will say, but my goodness the movie was good. I was so scared, mostly because of the whole idea of the astral plane. I mean I read X-Men, so I am vaguely familiar with how the astral plane works. And it got me thinking about my own life, and all I could think of was, "Do I ever travel to the astral plane?"

Ok so check this out. I have many experiences where I am sleeping at night and it feels like I am floating in the air. Then there will be this feeling like I am falling onto my bed. Like I feel as if I really hit my bed and it jolts me awake. What if that is really my spirit going back into my body after chillin on the astral plane?

And then get this, when I was little, (like 3 or 4) I vividly remember being in my room at night. There was this strange man outside of my bedroom window and he was coming for me, like I don't know how I knew this. I just did. I knew he was coming after me and I remember screaming for my parents to help me, but there was no noise coming out of my mouth. It was so scary. Now I always believed that was a dream, though the strange thing is why would I have a dream like that at the age of 3 or 4? Unless, after seeing Insidious, maybe I was really on the astral plane and some grody old man demon was trying to inhabit my child body so he could own all my cool stuff. I mean this is real people! Now as an adult, I'm not losing my body so some demon can mess with my She-Ra toys ok? It didn't happen back then and it won't happen now.

I can't sleep at night! I am so scared that I am really going to some astral plane. I mean could it be possible that the astral plane is really a place where people's spirits just hang out and chill with other spirits while we are all sleeping at night? Maybe there aren't demons or anything, it's just people wanting to hang when they sleep? Maybe? Sleeping is seriously so difficult right now. I am so scared!

All I can see is that damn Darth Maul demon thing with the stubby Freddy Krueger claws humming to Tiny Tim. I can't take it! I just want to sleep. Of course I wouldn't trade it for anything. It is Halloween time. Scary movies come with the territory. So if it means I will have problems sleeping for the rest of the month, oh well. I will have all my Halloween candy ready to go as I pop in the next scary movie. Bring it on scary stuff! I love this time of year!   

No comments:

Post a Comment