Saturday, September 7, 2013

Lightning Only Strikes Once...

Right? So picture this, if you will. It's a nice Saturday afternoon, the perfect time to just be a little lazy and relax. Maybe play a little bit of Link's Awakening. Not for nothin, that game is pretty fun. Anyways, all of a sudden a pesky lil thunder storm decides to drop on in. The rain is of course very needed. My poor hibiscus has been in need of water from the sky.

Of course everything had to take a sharp turn to, "Oh hell no" when lightning decided to strike my house. I have never been in a building struck by lightning, but it is a very odd experience. Very loud. Very crappy. All kinds of stuff got fried. I'm talkin 2 piece and a side biscuit fried. I mean if I'm going to be in a house that gets struck by lightning, can I at least walk away with some special super hero powers or something?

Anyways, my point for this post is that there might be some delays in what I post for the next week or so as my already spotty Internet has all but gone and died. I hope to be posting back to normal soon, and there may be things I will be able to post if I can, but for now I hope you are all doing well. Stick around, I do have some really fun things planned for September! (I promise, like, really fun stuff.)

8 comments:

  1. Ooof! That sucks. Well, hang in there Miss M. We'll still be here when you get this all sorted out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Goodwill Geek. Luckily there are Starbucks and I visit my parents quite a bit so I am able to check on things. I hope everyone is doing well. It's funny, Brian said on his introduction that he fears the day the Internet dies. And oh my goodness I hope that day never has to happen. lol

      Delete
  2. I always read your stuff. Even if you do get fried by lightning. Hope you are back soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Kal. Thanks for that. I mean my whole thing is that if this were a Marvel scenario I'd end up with the abulity to fly and shoot bolts of lightening from my finger tips. Guess a girl can only dream. Hope your weekend was a good one!

      Delete
  3. sorry to hear that miss m. but hang in there for your readers will still be here while you sort things out and get things back to normal. thakfuly you didn't get hit by the lightning.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know demoncat! I'm really really glad it wasn't as bad as it could have been. I hope I am never struck by lightening. That would be awful. Hope you are doing well. : )

      Delete
  4. Oh my gosh, you're totally He-Man! Maybe just don't hold aloft your magic sword while saying "By the Power of Grayskull" anymore? That may work....

    And what's my excuse for spotty, inconsistent blogging?
    Now I have to conjure up some freak, natural disasters...
    All joking aside, I am very glad that you guys are ok and I hope that everything damaged will be replaced and taken care of asap! Hollar if you need somethin, you got my email ok?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol I didn't even think of that. But yeah, I guess He-Man must be hanging out in my house. lol

      Everything is ok, it's just taking some time to get things back to normal. Thanks for the comment!

      Delete