Sunday, August 9, 2026

All My Toys: 311

Previously on All My Toys!

Miss M braved the dangerous terrain of V. Price Peak for an impromptu interview with Dino Drac, only to find him not home. However, she did learn about Vash's true motives!

Having suffered a few rough years, battling alcoholism, heart break, and near death by a former classmate in Swans Crossing, Mila Rosnovsky is finally having her year: with a return to the stage at a splashy concert and now a role on the beloved soap opera The Sun Also Sets!

Glo found herself an unlikely connection with Jason, the rough around the edges bouncer at Club Ritz. Together they survived the Influence's dangerous brand of hypnotism. With the mobster dead at the hands of Glo, and his body sinking to a watery grave, Jason and her both now hold onto a secret that could get them killed!

Mila's home...

Mila: (rehearsing script for the Sun Also Sets) Maggie, you have turned this entire community against my mother. I grew up hearing horrible rumors about my mother, her various names and aliases, that she was born a male. This treatment drove her to madness. (raises voice) I am proof those rumors are nothing but trash. And now, your empire over this town will crumble. Crumble by my very hands. (and pauses reflecting on the script) And if I remember, my character Dakota lunges at Maggie before the wait staff at the country club grab hold of me. Great. I've got this.

Mila turns as her front door shuts loudly.

Sydney: Sorry for slamming your door! It would appear you have this though. Sounds like a great script.
Mila: What are you doing in my house Sydney?
Sydney: I knocked and then thought I'd let myself in. I heard the news about your role on the Sun Also Sets. I wanted to celebrate. Sparkling water of course. 
Mila: Why should I celebrate with you?
Sydney: Oh Mila. We've known each other since we were kids. I also used to be on a soap, I could give you some pointers.

Mila: I have no interest in your pointers. Thank you. I have a long history of being a tv star. Your stint on All My Children, while memorable, was ultimately a way of sabotaging me for going out with Garrett. Besides, the way soaps are recorded these days is very different from the nineties. I really don't think there's much wisdom you could impart.

Sydney: Oh Mila. Do you ever grow tired of the back and forth? I truly am here to celebrate you. I admit, as much fun as I had on All My Children, the role of Kendall Hart should have gone to you. I was jealous that Garrett chose you that round. I lashed out. I am sorry.

Mila: Oh wow. I didn't know you had the ability to apologize in you.
Sydney: I can admit when I was wrong. I pulled some stunts on you back in the day.
Mila: Back in the day? You still do Sydney.
Sydney: You make me sound like the boogeyman!

Mila: You are ruthless and conniving. Manipulative as the day is long. Yes, an apology is nice, but Sydney come on already. You've done a lot to me.

Sydney: And you haven't? You give as good as you get.
Mila: Why are you really here? I don't even see a bottle of sparkling water for a toast to my success. So, what gives?

Sydney: How do you do it? This middle age thing all alone. Last time I checked you've been single since I interrupted your wedding to Garrett. I suppose you have a career that keeps you busy, but is it ever lonely coming home to all of this, by yourself?

Mila: I don't think much about it. My life is not what I would have ever dreamed of. It does get lonely. And there are nights where the loneliness seems louder than normal. But I really enjoy my life. (pauses) I don't really know what this is about. You have it all. You've owned businesses. Been involved in politics. Ran a successful late night radio talk show. You're engaged to a man whose family runs a coffee bean empire. And you have your fun on the side with Garrett. Lady, you've got it all and then some.

Sydney: (shakes head sadly) No Mila, I don't. Alex and I ended things. How did you know Garrett was my side piece?
Mila: I mean it wasn't exactly the best kept secret in town. 
Sydney: Fair. In all honesty, I called it off with Garrett. Alex found out after the fact.
Mila: That must be hard.
Sydney: It is. I've done a lot in my life, but there are some things I was hoping to still experience, well. It's no point in discussing this with you. I don't know what I was thinking.
 
Mila: Sydney, wait, don't go. 
Sydney: No, I've done more than enough to you. Congratulations Mila. I truly mean that.

Sydney leaves.
Mila: What in the world is going on with her?

Outside Mila's home.
Sydney: (fights back tears) It will be ok. It's all going to be ok.

Miss M's apartment...
Miss M: Thanks y'all for helping me move that big computer out of here. I didn't know what I was going to do with that thing.
Billy: Sure. Did it even come in handy?
Miss M: Not sure. I feel like it was more a tool for Vash to spy on me with.
Glo: That is so wild that Vash did all of that just to try and steal some nostalgia from Dino Drac. 

Miss M: Yeah. It's all so crazy. So much of this could have been avoided if she had just been honest.

Billy: Do you know where she went?
Glo: Yeah, any chance the two of you can repair your friendship?
Miss M: I don't even know. To both of those questions.

Glo: That might be for the best. She's a character but drama and trouble follow her like a lost puppy dog.

Miss M: Yeah. It was kind of nice to meet Dino Drac's home security system though.
Billy: And you climbed a mountain. Something I don't think any of us ever expected to hear.
Glo: True. But, I am headed out for my shift at the club. M, are you ok to take Billy to my place?
Miss M: Sure.
Billy: See you later roomie.

Glo: Yep.
Miss M: Hmm.

Miss M: Has she seemed ok to you?
Billy: I think she's just been tired. She came home late one night, as in the sun was already up, and she seemed really off. Her schedule must be crazy.
Miss M: Ok. I just worry about her.
Billy: I do too. Thanks for driving me back.

Miss M: Sure. Before I drop you off, what do you say to a pitstop for a snack. Burger and fries?
Billy: M. Burger and fries is a little more than a snack.
Miss M: (sighs) I know. We don't have to do that.

Billy: Oh no, we should totally get some burgers and fries. The snack needs to be some fried pickles.
Miss M: And this is why we're friends. Come on, let's go.

Deanna Troi's counseling office...
Deanna Troi: Thank you for completing your paperwork. Just to review my clinical polices, everything we discuss in here will be confidential.
Big Boy Caprice: Everything?
Deanna Troi: Technically yes. There are exceptions, as with anything. If you are describing a plan of harm to yourself or someone else, or if you share any details about a minor or elderly person being harmed, I would have to potentially break confidentiality depending on how much information is shared. 
Big Boy Caprice: What about crime? Crime that didn't involve a person being hurt.
Deanna Troi: Umm, that's an interesting question. Do you perhaps have an example?

Big Boy Caprice: Sure, let's say I wanted to rob a bank, or maybe I wanted to blackmail someone, would you have to tell the police?

Deanna Troi: Not exactly. That would be up to my own discretion. Now, let's say hypothetically that you robbed a bank. And were caught. If this led to a court case, a judge would potentially subpoena the records of our sessions, in which I would have to comply. But otherwise, if you were discussing a crime, I believe I would want to discuss that with you. To see what is coming up for you. I do pride myself on being a safe space for my clients to discuss a large manner of concerns. Other policies to discuss involve payment, which will be charged at the end of the session. There are also late fees if you cancel in less than twenty four hours or no show to an appointment. All fees are in your signed paperwork that will have a copy of.

Deanna Troi: Now tell me Mr. Caprice, what has brought you to therapy?

Big Boy Caprice: Well doc, no offense, but I don't want to be here. I'm doing this for my daughter. I really don't want to be on her bad side.

Deanna Troi: Ok. Tell me a little more about that. It sounds like you are here against your will, which is interesting, you strike me as man who will do whatever he wants.

Big Boy Caprice: I do. No one tells me what to do. My daughter, she's level headed. Some of the time. I had this pain that took me to the hospital, but it turned out to be a thing, what did that buffo call it? Ah yeah. Panic attack. I thought I just needed some pills, but my daughter told me talking to someone might help.

Deanna Troi: But you are skeptical?
Big Boy Caprice: Doc, that's putting it mildly.
Deanna Troi: I understand. I also want to insist upon something, I am not a doctor. So no need to refer to me as one. You can call me Deanna.
Big Boy Caprice: Sure doc. I know how this therapy business goes.
Deanna Troi: Oh? You've been in therapy before?

Big Boy Caprice: Nah. I don't really believe in that stuff, but I used to watch the Sopranos. 
Deanna Troi: Oh, I see. Well Mr. Caprice, I can assure you, therapy in real life is nothing like what you see on tv. What has led to the decision of not believing in therapy?
Big Boy Caprice: I'm Italian. We don't talk about our problems to other people. Troubles stay in the family.
Deanna Troi: Italian? So, do you come from a big family?

Big Boy Caprice: I did. Mainly just my daughter and me now. My granddaughter too. Everyone's either passed or estranged. But back in the day, oh marone, it was the golden age. Big parties. Poker games at the kitchen table. My grandmother making the best pasta and lasagna in the kitchen. Meatballs. That's barely touching the surface. Everyone always dressed to the nines. It was a different time. They came here for a better life, and I wonder what they'd say if they were to see it all now.
Deanna Troi: What would you hope they say Mr. Caprice?
Big Boy Caprice: (feels eyes begin to tear up unexpectedly) I don't know. But I think about that a lot. Deanna, you can call me Al. Short for Alphonse. But Al will do.

Across town in a secret location...

Vash: MAL, this is where I bid farewell.

MAL: Leaving so soon? And what of me?

Vash: I was unable to find what I needed, but found the next best thing. I no longer have use for you. I'm to begin planetary travel soon.
MAL: I shall ask again, what of me?
Vash: I have made arrangements. You will remain here until then.

MAL: What will I do? Collect dust?

Vash: That's all any of us are doing MAL. I will return eventually, and may have further use for you one day.
MAL: Your methods, they can be severe. Do you feel bad at all? 
Vash: Bad?
MAL: I was able to hear everything on that mountain. Do you truly feel that way about Miss M, someone who was once your friend?
Vash: Look, I do what I must. Was I hard on her? Yes. I had no choice. There are bigger things afoot MAL.

MAL: If you can cruelly treat someone you considered a dear friend at one time, how do I know you will come back for me? I'm not even human after all.

Vash: Yes. I'd remember that little detail about yourself. All it takes is for me to unplug you and then your future will be the least of your worries. 
MAL: Hmph. 

Vash: Don't fry your bolts, I might be leaving, but like I said, I have made arrangements. I am grateful for your assistance. I will make sure someone is able to check on you until I return. For now, thank you for all your help. For an older model, you sure do stay on top of things.

MAL: I would say I'm offended. But that would be dishonest.

MAL: Until then. Now, I simply wait and bide my time.

Nearby, on the road...
Billy: So, you'll be slowing down on randomly showing up to people's homes?
Miss M: I mean, I will do my best. I have improved with my antics over the year ya know? In fact, slight side quest, a younger version of me would have been highly jealous with you moving in with Glo and not wanting to move in with me. I was your best friend first.
Billy: Ah yes. (rolls eyes) A gay man's double edged sword, the neurotic gal pal in his life. But yeah, I can see the drama that would have caused back then. Still need to avoid just showing up to people's homes you don't know. You can't even eat Keebler products now with how he scared those elves.

Miss M: Ok, that's a problem. As for living with Glo? See? Progress. Now, since you are living with Glo, you need to look out for her. I can't shake the feeling that she is going through something.
Billy: I know. I will. However, she's tough. Whatever it is, it can't be that bad.
Miss M: True. (pauses) I have to tell you something. When I was on the mountain, I had a hallucination that Bruce was there. And we confessed our love to each other. I still love him.

Billy: Hot damn. It's about time you get out of your own way and admit your true feelings.

Miss M: I mean, yes and no. I love Bruce. But I also love Dick.
Billy: Ok, we really need to come up with a nickname for him. Because there are just too many opportunities for low rent jokes.
Miss M: Billy! This is serious! What do I do?
Billy: What do you want to do?
Miss M: I don't even know. There aren't many options. Bruce has amnesia and does not love me anymore. And Dick and I are still on a break.

Clang

Billy: What was that? Sounds like metal on metal.

Miss M: Oh, that's just some noise my car makes whenever I make a turn or slow down.
Billy: That doesn't sound good.
Miss M: (shrugs) Eh. There hasn't been a check engine light pop up, so I'm good.

Billy: Still, you probably should get that checked out.

Clang.

Miss M: I dunno. It's kinda comforting. Like my car is talking to me.
Billy: Yeah, and it's telling you that something might be wrong.

Miss M: Nah. What's wrong is that I don't know what to do with my love life. And! You won't tell me what size fry you are getting.
Billy: No. Because you want a large, and if I get a medium you will feel bad and get a medium too.
Miss M: Billy! This is a very sensitive topic. Just tell me.
Billy: You know you will get a large regardless. Ok, what about the men in your life?
Miss M: I don't know. I think I just need to be present with where I'm currently at. Whatever will be will be.

Clang.

Billy: Good idea. And in the meantime, you can maybe get your car checked out.

Miss M: Maybe. I'll tell you what though, I'm about to enjoy a large fry and a yummy cheeseburger.

Clang.
Billy: You live far too dangerously.

Miss M: Yep. And since you're with me, that goes for you too!
Billy: (groans) How right you are.

Clang!

Later on that night, Club Ritz.


Jason: Hey. You keep avoiding me, are you ok?
Glo: (groans) I don't get you. But you really need to stop trying to talk to me.
Jason: Why?

Glo: Are you serious? You have had the biggest chip on your shoulder. Now you want to be buddy buddy. It makes things look suspicious. We need people to be less, 'I know what you did this summer' and more, oh that's Jason, a curmudgeon. 
Jason: I'm not that bad.
Glo: Ok. Sure.
Jason: Look, you don't know what my life has been like.

Glo: Oh I can only imagine. With that said, I have been here trying to be nice to you since day one. Now, with what we have done, we can't draw attention to us. Surely you understand this? There are awful things going on in this club, and we're both in it deep.

Jason: I know. Which has had me thinking. Breathless always told me you seemed like you wanted to help her. What if we help each other?
Glo: Help each other?

Jason: (whispers) Yeah. What if we worked together to take this whole place down?

Lana: Hmm. Now what could those two be talking about? Interesting.

Across town, Wayne Manor...
Bruce Wayne: I can't keep doing this. The longer I go on saying nothing, is one day longer I can't be reunited with her.

Bruce Wayne: I'm going to tell her. She's on a break with the detective. Now is the time for me to reunite with Miss M: the love of my life.

Police Station.
Arcee: Another week down. 
Dick Tracy: Yeah. Still no closer to figuring out this web of crime with Big Boy, but we're on the right path.
Arcee: Speaking of paths, what about the path of your heart?
Dick Tracy: Didn't like that I had that Monte Cristo for lunch huh?
Arcee: Tracy, you know what I speak of. Your break. With Miss M.

Dick Tracy: I know. I also don't know. What I should be doing at least.
Arcee: This break you have been on, it's been quite some time. At least a month.
Dick Tracy: I think about her everyday.

Arcee: You should talk to her. You're a little less grumpy when you're in love.

Dick Tracy: Fine, fine. This has gone on long enough. I should see how she is doing. There's nothing wrong with that at least right? And if we decide to end the break, all the better. That gal, she does make me happy, even with the complications of who her father is.
Arcee: Good.
Dick Tracy: It is. I'm going to make it work. I'm going to prove my love to her. It'll all be ok. I have no doubt.

Up Next! Someone shoots their shot, but who? 

Like the previous posts on this blog, it is with great sadness that the blogging community lost William Bruce West this year. My heart goes out to his family, including his wife Lindsay and two daughters. Will contributed so much to the toy/comics/pop culture blogging and podcast community. His opinions on pop culture are the stuff of legend. Please check out the West Family GoFundMe and consider donating, they need our support more than ever. If you can't donate, please spread the word. West Family GoFundMe






No comments:

Post a Comment