The drama continues with a new episode of All My Toys! It's a special episode with the return of Breathless Mahoney!
Big Boy Caprice: Listen, I don't care what you think it is, just take your car to see Vinnie. I don't like that it is making those noises. Especially if you're driving my granddaughter around town. Can't her rich father take care of this? Are you short on money? I can help you.
Miss M: Dad! I'm totally fine. I'll get the car looked at. I've just been busy. Busy cookin all this food for you and your friend.
Big Boy Caprice: Dinner was good babygirl. Sure glad we made it a little earlier in the day.Itchy: Yeah kid, scratched the ol' itch in my belly for sure.
Miss M: (pauses and remembers not to grimace) Nice. Happy to help.
Big Boy Caprice: It was good to see Yvie too. I really like that purple hair of hers.
Big Boy Caprice: Sure do. Which is why we need to have more of these eh? I wanna see what new color my granddaughter will have next. What do ya say Itch?
Itchy: I'm always good to eat.
Big Boy Caprice: Eh?
Miss M: I didn't want to mention it because I haven't told Yvie yet, still trying to figure that out, but Dick is back in my life.
Itchy: (coughs loudly) Say that again?
Miss M: Well, I no longer have a case of the ex. We decided to make it work.
Big Boy Caprice: Camurria!
Big Boy Caprice: Are you sure you want to be with him? You seemed to be doing so well as one of those single ladies in the city, like that show you and Glo used to watch. The one with the butanas.
Miss M: Dad, they were not butanas. Besides, I had my own role to play in things not working with Dick. But it's ok. We're in a good place, and I think at some point soon I'm going to introduce Yvie to him.
Miss M: It will be ok. You might be right, it might be too soon. But! If this continues going well, I would like her to meet him. I'd like the two of you to get closer also. I love him dad.
Itchy: (sensing tension) Uh, look at the time, we might need to head out boss. Big night at the club.
Big Boy Caprice: Yeah, yeah. I'll see you soon honey.
Miss M: Bye dad.
Across town. The Mall.
Winston: (on phone with Sarah) Yeah, I understand. We knew there might be delays with your visit. Sarah: (over the phone) I feel like I am constantly disappointing you.
Winston: I'm not disappointed at all.
Sarah: Ok. I will be there soon. I promise. What are you up to?
Winston: Oh just at the mall. I was looking for some gifts for you. I guess I can hold off on that for now. (pauses) Man, when did sunglasses become this huge? Sarah, you should see these sunglasses.
Sarah: But Winston, no need to worry about gifts. I just need to wrap up this one shelter. The grand opening got delayed due to some issues with permits, so instead of coming in next week it might be later on in September. I will be there.
Winston: (whispers to self) Don't make a scene. Just carefully get out of here. You don't even have your proton pack with you...
Big Boy Caprice: I've been gathering the guys. We're settin up a big meeting. Have you heard from Flattop?
Rodent: Why do you think the boss had you join him for dinner with his daughter? I thought he wanted to keep that part of his life separate from all this?
Lana: Well, well, well. Look at you darlin. Grief looks good on you. Got a whole refreshed makeover. New face. Wardrobe.
Breathless: I'm going bananas, though I did need to take some time for myself. I'm just ready to get back to work. It's been pretty lonely. I have appreciated your phone calls and the meals you had delivered. You are a true blue friend.
Big Boy Caprice: How would you like your own night?
Dick Tracy: Ok, looks like I'm ready to go home. Arcee would be proud.
Breathless: Detective, my fiancé was a wealthy man. He loved nothing more than to see me draped in diamonds and nothing else. We were planning a wedding and eventual move to the Sunlands. We had everything ahead of us, there was no reason he'd end his life. Which is why I need your help. I'm sure you are aware of the corruption in this town. It's like a cancer that just keeps growing. I've heard you are someone I could trust. Is that true? Am I able to trust you?
Breathless: I've seen you at the club. You've tried to catch Big Boy for other crimes. And you have failed.
Miss M: Hmm. I can't put my finger on it, but something was up with my dad. Don't you think?
Miss M: They do seem really close. And he has made it a point to keep his life in that club a secret from me. Maybe he's embarrassed or ashamed about something?
Miss M: O.M.G. It's been there in front of my face this whole time. How could I have missed this? Godzilla! I think my dad is gay!
Winston: Oh just at the mall. I was looking for some gifts for you. I guess I can hold off on that for now. (pauses) Man, when did sunglasses become this huge? Sarah, you should see these sunglasses.
Sarah: I do love a big sunny.
Sarah: But Winston, no need to worry about gifts. I just need to wrap up this one shelter. The grand opening got delayed due to some issues with permits, so instead of coming in next week it might be later on in September. I will be there.
Sarah: You sound distant, is everything ok?
Sarah: Ok, well, I'll let you go. But I'll talk to you soon. I love you.
Winston: I love you too.
Winston: (whispers to self) Don't make a scene. Just carefully get out of here. You don't even have your proton pack with you...
Later on that evening. Club Ritz.
The Brow: Yeah, so there's these crackers called Crispers, they have this limited flavor with the Cajun spices. You've gotta try them. I roll my eyes at a lot of things, but good snacks is serious business, ya know?
The Brow: Yeah, so there's these crackers called Crispers, they have this limited flavor with the Cajun spices. You've gotta try them. I roll my eyes at a lot of things, but good snacks is serious business, ya know?
Glo: Brow, you surprise me every time we talk.
The Brow: I know. I've been feeling very light. I don't know how to describe it, but lately life has just felt like a whipped mousse.
Glo: That kinda sounds like maybe you're happy?
The Brow: Nah. I'm too surly for that.
Big Boy Caprice: I've been gathering the guys. We're settin up a big meeting. Have you heard from Flattop?
Prune Face: We're trying to get ahold of him boss. Ain't been easy ever since you exiled him.
Big Boy Caprice: I didn't exile him. He just needed a break after some important work he did for me. Now I need him back. For some more important work.
Rodent: Why do you think the boss had you join him for dinner with his daughter? I thought he wanted to keep that part of his life separate from all this?
Itchy: (shrugs) Who knows? The kid can cook though, I'll tell you that.
Lana: Look, as lovely as this conversation is, I don't care about eggplant parmisan. I don't understand why no one can tell me if they've heard from Influence or not? Does no one think it odd?
Itchy: Lana, Lana, doll. Influence is no doubt hiding after messing with the wrong broad. You know how he gets. Probably has some hot headed husband trying to hunt him down.
Lana: Yes, but something just seems off. I don't like it.
Krystal: Yes you can. I've heard rumors that there's some sort of basement warehouse under the club. You don't have to let me in, just casually let it slip how to get in there and I'll make my own way. Ok? Non one would ever know you tipped me off. This is easy stuff.
Jason: Krystal... Please.
Krystal: You don't get it. They killed Cletus. I know he was an oaf. But he was my oaf. They killed him. I don't know who, but one of these old crooked bastards did it. And I think he might be below us. I'm begging you.
Jason: I wish I could help you, I do. But I don't know how to get down there. I'm just a bouncer.
Krystal: Then I'll find another way.
Suddenly gasps fill the club as Breathless returns fresh faced.
Lana: Well, well, well. Look at you darlin. Grief looks good on you. Got a whole refreshed makeover. New face. Wardrobe.
Lana: (seethes in anger) Why did you come back here?
Breathless: This is used to be my playground, no? Besides, I have unfinished...
Breathless: (smiles) Me too Glo.
Breathless: I'm going bananas, though I did need to take some time for myself. I'm just ready to get back to work. It's been pretty lonely. I have appreciated your phone calls and the meals you had delivered. You are a true blue friend.
Glo: I wanted to visit but also wanted you to have your space.
Breathless: And I appreciate that. I had a lot of time to think. I'm Breathless. I'm a star, I want more. It's time for me to be back in business.
Breathless: Of course.
Lana: What?! (huffs) I'm in charge of the entertainment here.
Breathless: Thank you. I'm ready for my close up.
Jason: Oh, you're going to be nice to me now?
Glo: Listen, I am tired of all of this, aren't you?
Glo: Yeah, well now that Breathless is back, maybe we can all work together. Like you have been trying to talk to me about. To bring some change to this place.
Big Boy Caprice: How would you like your own night?
Breathless: Maybe two nights? Really show off my new look. Bring in some new business. What can you lose?
Big Boy Caprice: We do need more traffic on Friday and Saturday, those might be the best nights for you.
Breathless: Now I'm following you.
Jason: What would Breathless do to help?
Glo: She is my friend. And now that she is back, this can't be the place she ends up staying in. The world needs to know about her talents. I also have suspicions about what happened to her fiancé.
Jason: Ok. We aren't going to tell her about Influence are we?
Glo: Shh. What is the matter with you! We can't talk about that here. No one can know that we killed him.
Jason: Uh, you killed him.
Glo: Yes, trying to stop him from killing you! But we got rid of his body together, so we're in this now.
Jason: Shh. We shouldn't be talking about this here! (playfully smirks)
Glo: Oh you are going to be a rock in my expensive heels huh?
Jason: (goofily nods to try and make Glo laugh) Are you sure you can really work with me? Even after how rude I've been.
Glo: Yes. This doesn't mean we'll be best friends, but I can put aside everything if it means we put an end to this.
Jason: Yeah. I'm in.
A little later on that night. Police station.
Dick Tracy: Uh, how can I help you?
Dick Tracy: Murder? Ok, maybe let's start by telling me your name.
Breathless: I'm Breathless.
Dick Tracy: Would you like me to get you a seat so you can catch your breath?
Dick Tracy: Ah. Yes. Ok, what's this about a murder?
Breathless: Yes, the murder of my fiancé. The official documents state he died by suicide. Jumped from the twentieth floor of his office building.
Dick Tracy: What makes you think it was a murder?
Breathless: Detective, my fiancé was a wealthy man. He loved nothing more than to see me draped in diamonds and nothing else. We were planning a wedding and eventual move to the Sunlands. We had everything ahead of us, there was no reason he'd end his life. Which is why I need your help. I'm sure you are aware of the corruption in this town. It's like a cancer that just keeps growing. I've heard you are someone I could trust. Is that true? Am I able to trust you?
Dick Tracy: I am aware of the corruption in this town, and I do want that stopped. Of course you can trust me. I know those are just words, however I am here to make a difference. But Ms. Mahoney, I have to tell you, whoever investigated your fiancé's death, if they closed the case, it will be hard to reopen.
Dick Tracy: Is there anyone you know who would want your finacé dead?
Breathless: He was an oil tycoon, my fiancé, there may have been one or two people who wished him gone. However, there is only one person I can think of who rises to the top of that list.
Dick Tracy: And who might that be?
Dick Tracy: Interesting.
Breathless: Is it?
Breathless: I've seen you at the club. You've tried to catch Big Boy for other crimes. And you have failed.
Dick Tracy: He's a slippery fellow traveling a crooked path.
Breathless: Oh Detective, you have no idea.
Dick Tracy: What makes you think Big Boy murdered your fiancé?
Breathless: Big Boy has a temper. Especially when it comes to what he thinks is his. He's very protective of the girls that perform at the club. I don't have proof but word on the street is he already disposed of another gal's boyfriend. He also got rid of the former owner of the club, Lips Manlis. Among other various crimes. Most I am sure you are aware of on some level. I don't think he liked that I was going to leave. So he got rid of the one person who was going to help me live a better life.
Dick Tracy: Do you have any proof of this?
Breathless: No detective, that's your job isn't it? To find the proof? I'm shining a big light on what could be the biggest case of your life. Of course I'll help you, but you're the detective. I'm just a dame that can sing. But sooner or later Big Boy will pay for what he has done. Will you help me?
Dick Tracy: Yes. But we have to be careful. Like you mentioned before, there's a lot of corruption in this town. We do things my way. Understood?
Breathless: Of course, whatever you say detective.
Dick Tracy: Great, now, let's get your statement on file. And please, call me Dick.
Breathless: With pleasure.
Across town, Miss M's apartment.
Miss M: I know, I know, I could just be paranoid, but I feel like there is something off with him.
Godzilla: Rawr?
Miss M: I mean he's never thrilled when I have a boyfriend, but that's not it. Like, why is he insisting on me getting to know Itchy? His main man. Like this came out of nowhere.
Miss M: They do seem really close. And he has made it a point to keep his life in that club a secret from me. Maybe he's embarrassed or ashamed about something?
Godzilla: (shrugs) Rawr.
Miss M: O.M.G. It's been there in front of my face this whole time. How could I have missed this? Godzilla! I think my dad is gay!
Up Next!
Big Boy loses his cool!
Dick Tracy realizes heh as options!
Bruce brings news to Miss M!
Like the previous posts on this blog, it is with great sadness that the blogging community lost William Bruce West this year. My heart goes out to his family, including his wife Lindsay and two daughters. Will contributed so much to the toy/comics/pop culture blogging and podcast community. His opinions on pop culture are the stuff of legend. Please check out the West Family GoFundMe and consider donating, they need our support more than ever. If you can't donate, please spread the word. West Family GoFundMe









































































No comments:
Post a Comment