The summer is winding down, but not the drama! In our last episode Dick Tracy and Bruce Wayne both realized they couldn't live without Miss M. And Miss M has found herself thinking about both great loves, while also embracing her life alone. Unknown to her though, Bruce has regained his memories. A detail that could change everything, but will it? Check out the latest All My Toys!
Big Boy Caprice: You got the list?
Miss M: Yes dad. I have it.
Big Boy Caprice: I'm just making sure. We gotta make sure we have the stuffed artichokes. Eggplant parm. Lasagna.
Miss M: Dad! This dinner will just be for you, me, and Yvie. This is way too much food.
Big Boy Caprice: He's my main man, I want you to get to know him more. He's real special to me. Now, I'm off to therapy. I'll see ya later sweetheart.
Miss M: Bye dad.
Jason: Hmph.
Brian: What's up?
Miss M: Not much, just picking up some things for a dinner with my dad and Yvie this coming weekend. Did you two plan this or just bump into each other?
Winston: No, we came here together.
Winston: Oh there's been freaking out. Mostly because of this weird ghost that's been following me around.
Miss M: (raises eyebrow) Ok. Well. Aside from the ghost thing, I'm super thrilled that Sarah will be here soon! (pauses) Hey, you guys have gathered some really nice snacks. I didn't know they made mini Teddy Grahams.
Miss M: VHS Club?
Brian: Yeah, after we ran into each other at the Nostalgia Graveyard we decided we should put together a VHS Club. We get together every week, view a movie on VHS and then talk about it. Billy and Michelangelo join us too.
Miss M: Oh. I didn't know about that, but I guess this summer I have been a bit consumed with things. I'm sorry if I have not been the greatest friend these past couple of months.
Miss M: I know. I was busy harassing Keebler Elves and fighting a frenemy off a mountain. I know my obsession with Pizzarias and everything was a bit much, but it's out of my system. No more wild chases across town. Or hiking up a mountain in heeled boots. Or stepping up to a skunk man.
Winston: Count me out, I think that's how I came back with a ghost that won't leave me alone.
Winston: Pretty sure. I could also just be stressed. I don't really know. Out of all this, I am glad you got to talk to Dino Drac's home security skeleton.
Miss M: Well, I mean, it was him. Talking through the skeleton.
Winston: (laughs) Sure. M, you are something else.
Miss M: Well, I should get going. You guys probably need to get to your cool VHS Club.
Winston: Ya know, you can always join us.
Brian: It wouldn't be the same without you.
Miss M: (grins) Yay! I was secretly hoping you guys would want me to join.
Winston: You didn't have to wait for us to ask, you know you're always welcome.
Miss M: True, but ya know, I didn't want to overstep and just assume. But yes, happy to join. Maybe next week though? I have a date tonight.
Brian: Oh? Met someone new?
Miss M: Yeah. A coupon. For a mega pack of McNuggets. Planning to catch up on the Sun Also Sets. It's gonna be a wild night.
Deanna Troi's office.
Deanna Troi: In our last session you opened up about your panic attack, and we discussed potential triggers you might experience. Were you able to reflect on any over the last week?Big Boy Caprice: A few. Sometimes it doesn't take much for my fuse to be lit, but I did think about it. I'd say work. Some of the idiotas I work with can grate my nerves. Lately the biggest thing was this oobotz my daughter was dating. I hated with a passion. Deanna, that was the pure rage. Just like that green man with the rage problems you see on the news sometime. I had rage like that guy over this twerp my daughter was seeing.
Deanna Troi: Oh?
Big Boy Caprice: Absolutely. I loathed him. A pain in my culo.
Big Boy Caprice: Where do I begin? He got in the way of everything. A real know-it-all. No need to go into details though, she thankfully broke up with him.
Big Boy Caprice: Come to think of it, since they broke up, I haven't been as angry. And there damn sure hasn't been any panic attacks.
Deanna Troi: That sounds like promising news. However you still have to deal with the barriers related to work. How have you been managing stress at work?
Big Boy Caprice: The club practically runs itself. I do have a good group. Sometimes I have to get rid of someone, trim the fat, but that happens. "Making tough decisions with a firm hand makes memorable leaders." General. Oh what was his name? Give me a minute. It's going to come to me. No. No. It's gone.
Big Boy Caprice: Good, good. I'm feelin real good. Everything's coming up Lincoln.
Later that night, Miss M's apartment.
Miss M: This is going to be the best night! (closes eyes) Mmm. McNuggets. Soaps. (squeals in utter and complete happiness)
Krystal: Rodent, what do you say? Hmm? You don't need to give me any names, no one has to get in any trouble. I just need to know where Cletus is.
Rodent: Doll, I've told you, Cletus is probably holed up in an apartment somewhere. High as a kite.
Krystal: (lies) He didn't sound high when he called me the other night. He did sound like he needed help. So you see Rodent, I now need your help. So that I can help Cletus.
Krystal: Oh? You don't believe me?
Rodent: No doll. Listen, I think you need to give this up. You already know he's gone. I shouldn't be telling you this, but Cletus is gone-gone. He's dead doll.
Big Boy Caprice: Itchy, you're coming over for dinner with me. At my daughter's place. Few days from now. Got it?
Itchy: Uhh, sure boss. (scratches self) But uh, why? I thought you wanted all this (waves around the club) separate from life with your daughter.
Big Boy Caprice: Itchy, I don't trust many people, but you are the exception. It's important for me that you are there. Do we understand each other?
Glo: What? Oh, Lana. I'm just tired.
Lana: Tired? You didn't even perform tonight.
Lana: Now you know taking time off right now is a bad idea. We're short on girls. I'm afraid you have to do a little overtime. You could stand to use the money right? Being a single mom and all.
Glo: My money is just fine Lana. I was on a world tour not too long ago, remember? Looks like the night will be slow, I think I'll head home.
Lana: Suit yourself.
Glo: Yes?
Glo: (feels heart race a little faster) No, haven't seen him. That is a little odd. Maybe he's doing some work for Big Boy?
Glo tries to leave quickly, avoiding any suspicion.
Glo: Jason, please.
Jason: What did Lana want?
Dick Tracy: I know. I'm sorry for showing up unannounced. I've just been doing a lot of thinking. I've missed you.
Miss M: Not exactly. But it's all ok. I was a bit over involved in my efforts. But yeah, no interview. No chance at a Bloglin. Which is for the best. I didn't really want one anyway. Mainly just wanted an excuse to wear a fancy gown.
Dick Tracy: I see. I brought you something.
Miss M: Oh?
Dick Tracy: Yeah. I know your job at Diary of a Dorkette celebrated 15 years last month, so it might be a little late, but I figured better late than never. Right?
Miss M: Oh Dick! This is so sweet.
Miss M: This is a big piece of cake! Thank you for thinking of me.
Dick Tracy: I've also been thinking about other things too. About you. And me.
Miss M: You have?
Dick Tracy: This break has felt forever. I miss us. Do you think you could, that we could, end the break and maybe get back together?
Dick Tracy: Sure you do. You deserve everything. I got too scared by all your passion, but that is also one of the things I love about you. I have not been able to stop thinking about you.
Miss M: Dick.
Dick Tracy: I mean it. I tend to avoid relationships. I've lived stag for so long. I want to change that. Make a new meaning for my life.
Miss M: (realizes a few things) I haven't stopped thinking about you too. I want us to really make this work.
Dick Tracy: Hey, that's really swell!
Dick Tracy: Sure. While we eat, maybe you can tell me more about what you've been up to? I noticed that giant computer is gone.
Miss M: Oh yes. Good riddance too. That thing was huge. It was also spying on me. It's a whole thing. Do you like the Sun Also Sets?
Unknown to them, someone watches in the shadows.
Miss M: Yeah. Thought I saw something at the window. Probably just a bird. Ok, now, which dipping sauce do you want? Because I have all of them!
The two settle in for the night, their love rekindled.
Up Next: Breathless returns!
Like the previous posts on this blog, it is with great sadness that the blogging community lost William Bruce West this year. My heart goes out to his family, including his wife Lindsay and two daughters. Will contributed so much to the toy/comics/pop culture blogging and podcast community. His opinions on pop culture are the stuff of legend. Please check out the West Family GoFundMe and consider donating, they need our support more than ever. If you can't donate, please spread the word. West Family GoFundMe














































































No comments:
Post a Comment