Previously on All My Toys!
Dick Tracy is helping Breathless Mahoney solve the murder of her fiancé, that was falsely ruled as a suicide. Breathless also has her sights on taking down Big Boy Caprice for his many crimes. Meanwhile, Lana, the head of Club Ritz entertainment, has a number of growing suspicions about the goings on at the club.
Police station, down town.
Dick Tracy: What do you have for me?Arcee: I've reviewed the tape as much as I can, and my analysis confirms the security footage was tampered with. Whoever is behind this did a good job. I would be willing to guess they did not expect someone with my skills to review these tapes.
Dick Tracy: Which would stand to reason that we're looking at a murder after all.
Arcee: Yes. There were no cameras in the actual office, but there is a slight cutting of the film around the time of Jafar's death. Cutting of film at two instances, where one could reasonably deduce that someone was entering and leaving Jafar's office. I am performing further investigations at any cameras in the area to see if this fits my theory. I do believe Jafar was not alone in his office at the time of his death. While I do further investigating, there is some other important information I have learned.
Dick Tracy: And that is?
Arcee: You've suspected that Mayor Grody and Big Boy Caprice are entangled in some way. I think it may involve illegal disposal of toxic waste. I am not sure about all of the details just yet. In connection, it appears we have a vigilante working on this behind the scenes.
Dick Tracy: Batman?
Arcee: No. Not him. I haven't learned his name, but there have been reports of a slimy green mutated looking man stopping trucks that are illegally delivering toxic waste around the city. This mystery man is then properly disposing of the toxic waste. An interesting detail involves Club Ritz being one of the locations that a truck was headed to before it was stopped by this vigilante. Dick, no one is looking into this. It's as if the department is sweeping it under the rug.
Dick Tracy: Because this department is in on it. What on earth does Big Boy want with toxic waste? And a mutated vigilante huh? Like we need another vigilante running around this town. Ok. We'll get to the bottom of this. It looks like we'll be getting Big Boy for more than just murder. And once I have the proof I need, I can finally tell M about her rotten scoundrel of a father.
Later on, Club Ritz. A private party begins, with Breathless taking center stage.
Breathless: (begins singing In This Life by Madonna) Sitting on a park bench, thinking about a friend of mine, he was only twenty three, gone before he had his timeBig Boy Caprice: You do it so well. The meeting is about to start. We've got our hands full. Hey, no hard feelings right?
Breathless: (singing) In this life I loved you most of all, what for? 'Cause now you're gone and I have to ask myself, what for?
Big Boy Caprice: Alright, come on everybody. Come together. Ain't she a singer? I could hear that broad sing all night.
Big Boy Caprice: We're facing some challenges. So when we are low we bring in our big guns, welcome back Flattop.
Flattop: Hey everybody.
Big Boy Caprice: You've been missed, and as always, you return when we need you the most. You all know what I'm talkin about. That mealy mouthed idiota Dick Tracy.
Big Boy Caprice: You've no doubt heard the stories. Detective running around the streets of this town, taking out petty thieves and such. And here we thought Batman was the only worry in town right? Camurria! (everyone laughs) This detective Dick, he has his eyes set on bigger game though.
Breathless: (singing) People pass by and I wonder who's next, who determines, who knows best, is there a lesson I'm supposed to learn in this case, ignorance is not bliss
The Brow: Yeah, that Dick Tracy, he got everyone involved in that dice ring down by the piers. Aces and Bones are looking at fifteen, maybe twenty.
The Rodent: And Fruit Fly. I know some of you guys never cared for his lifestyle, but he knew how to smuggle those illegal growth hormones in the exotic fruits. He was making an killing. The works. Now he's finito.
Big Boy Caprice: The list goes on and on. And no one is stopping him. He's after us now boys. Been trying to pin whatever he can on me for months now. Even dating my daughter to get to me no doubt, and you know I don't like to mention her in all this. I keep her clean from my business. But Dick Tracy has to go, you all understand? We gotta focus our attention on stopping him at all costs. And I don't mean at a red light. This has to be bigger. We're not sending him a message. I want him dead. You hear me? Dead. And while we're on the subject, any of you who can find that green freak messing with the toxic waste distribution in this town gets a parade in his honor. I'm tired of this damn it! I'm just trying to run a little business here. I'm not askin for much!
Breathless: (singing) Some say that life isn't fair, I say that people just don't care, they'd rather turn the other way, and wait for this thing to go away, why do we have to pretend, some day I pray it will end
Breathless: (singing) I hope it's in this life, I hope it's in this life time
Breathless: I did my part for the night. I'm headed home. The stage is all yours. You must be so happy.
Lana: Now Breathless, don't be rude. Where's your friend? I thought Glo would be here, cheering you on like she does so well.
Breathless: Glo was asked not to be here.
Lana: Interesting.
Lana: I value all of you girls. Truly. You each bring so much talent to the club, but don't you think something is different about Glo? I fear there are things we don't know about her.
Later on, downtown. Police Station.
Dick Tracy: Breathless. Glad you could come in. We found something with those security cameras.
Dick Tracy: Breathless. Glad you could come in. We found something with those security cameras.
Breathless: You can tell me in a moment, this is far more important. I just came from Club Ritz. I was performing for a private party. A meeting of the minds. Big Boy is gunning for you.
Breathless: Big Boy pulled everyone together, he even trotted out his favorite assassin known as Flattop. All the crooks you've been bringing down in town, Big Boy and his organization are worried. He knows you're after him and he made a call out to take you down.
Dick Tracy: Why are you telling me this?
Dick Tracy: I appreciate you telling me. No need to worry though, I can take care of myself. Are you concerned about your safety at all?
Breathless: Tracy, I can take care of myself too. As for those videos?
Dick Tracy: Yeah, the security cameras were tampered with. Still have no idea who, but all signs point towards foul play. I'm sorry the case was closed, I do believe that Jafar was murdered. You were right.
Breathless: (fights back tears) I was right.
Dick Tracy: Of course.
Breathless: Pretty dress. You two match. Looks like the detective is busy tonight huh?
Miss M: Thank you. He does take his job seriously. I'm Miss M.
Miss M: Ya know, if you squint just right, she could be a dead ringer for Madonna. In the early years.
Miss M: Well yeah, I was thinking we could grab some gelato at that fancy ice cream place. Are you done with work?
Dick Tracy: I am now.
Miss M: Yes. I heard they have bubble gum gelato at this place, and that just sounds perfect doesn't it?
Dick Tracy: I suppose it does. Come on gorgeous, while the night is still young.
Prune Face: Big Boy's gone and made a mess of things as usual. We were flying under the radar, now he wants us to hunt down some damn detective. If I had any sense, I'd break out on my own.
Lana: We all would darlin. Gone are the days when Lips was running things.
Prune Face: That's the darn truth.
Lana: Listen darlin, I need your help with something. You still have those contacts at DPS? The ones that could help me locate someone?
Prune Face: I might. The old ball and chain loves girl groups.
Lana: Well our very own Glo was a part of this group. They were a trio called Shad3. Funny story about that group, one of the singers has virtually disappeared. The other essentially went off into an early retirement and lives like a recluse. And of course there's Glo. Who went out on her own solo world tour before gracing us with her presence.
Prune Face: So you want to find the recluse?
Lana: Yes. I have some questions for her. I think our dear sweet Glo is more than she claims to be.
Prune Face: Aww, I really like her. Hell of a singer. What's this gal's name you're looking for?
Prune Face: Wow. Fancy name. Yeah Lana, I can help you.
Lana: Great. Always a busy night at Club Ritz eh?
Prune Face: The hottest place in town.
Up Next!
Miss M pleads her case. Dick Tracy finds himself in danger! Glo gets close to a prickly pear.
Like the previous posts on this blog, it is with great sadness that the blogging community lost William Bruce West this year. My heart goes out to his family, including his wife Lindsay and two daughters. Will contributed so much to the toy/comics/pop culture blogging and podcast community. His opinions on pop culture are the stuff of legend. Please check out the West Family GoFundMe and consider donating, they need our support more than ever. If you can't donate, please spread the word. West Family GoFundMe














































No comments:
Post a Comment