Sunday, September 27, 2026

All My Toys: 319

The three part September sweeps event continues, picking up right where episode 318 left off!


Club Ritz. Down town.

Glo: (looks around all the activity in the club) A little more than sleazy rich men huh?
Billy: Glo, there's illegal gambling. Drugs. I don't even know where to begin. And M's dad let's all this happen?
Glo: Billy, there's a lot you don't know. That M doesn't know either.
Billy: Are you in trouble? Is that why you continue to work here? Getting to sing here can't be worth it.

Glo: No, not exactly in trouble. I'm here because I'm trying to bring justice to my co-workers. We're working with Dick Tracy. I want to explain more, but later. I need to mingle and get ready for my show. M doesn't know, so please keep this quiet? I promise I'll explain everything. (walks off)

Billy: Oh the webs we weave. It's all making sense now.

Jason: You ok? You've been really weird this past week. 
Krystal: Umm. Jason. I don't know what to do. I think I saw something I shouldn't have. I might be ready to talk about it. Maybe talking to Big Boy.
Jason: About what?

Lana: Oh Krystal! Hi darlin. Could I speak with you for a moment?
Krystal: Umm. Ok. I'll be right back Jason.

Lana: Now listen, just between us girls, I found something that could help you. Regarding Cletus.
Krystal: Lana, I don't know that you can help me.
Lana: But it's about Cletus.
Krystal: What about him?
Lana: I know you've been trying to get into the club's basement. Well darlin, I have found a way.

Krystal: You did? Why are you helping me?

Lana: Because darlin. You deserve answers about your man. Now come on, I'll show you where to go. There's so many secret entrances and ways around this building. A lot of history.
Krystal: (worries) I don't know. 
Lana: You seem so scared. You scared of me darlin?

Krystal: Gulp. No. I just don't want to get in any trouble.
Lana: No one will even know you're down there. Come on darlin. The answers you seek are right around the corner.

Jason: What the hell is going on here?

Down town.
Dick Tracy: Hmm. So Big Boy is down here fitting cement shoes. Sketchy to be sure.

Dick Tracy: But no time for backup. 

Dick Tracy: Big Boy? Come out with your hands up. 

Dick Tracy: Your time is at an end.

Dick Tracy: (hears a noise) Damn.

The Brow: Heya Tracy.
Prunce Face: Grrr.
Itchy: Looks like we got ourselves a copper.
The Rodent: Sure does.
Dick Tracy: Evening boys.

Miss M's apartment.
Miss M: I know Chewie. I know. I was really hoping my dad was gay too. I mean how amazing would that be? But he's just a criminal? That can't be. Why would he lie to me?
Chewie: Woof!
Miss M: And why would Dick lie to me too? I don't understand. None of this makes any darn frickin sense.

Chewie: Woof!
Miss M: So what do I do? I can't just sit here and wait. I wait for no frickin man.
Chewie: Woof! Woof!

Miss M: Ok here's what I'm going to do. I'm going to just sneak away to Club Ritz. Something I should've done months ago. I'm going to confront my father and get the truth from him. I can't wait for Dick to get here. I need answers now!

Chewie: Woof!

Miss M: You be good while I'm gone, I'll be back before you know it. I love you sweet prince.
Chewie: Woof! Woof!

Miss M: (on phone) Billy, it's me, I hope you are getting this message in time. If you're still at my dad's club, don't leave. I'm headed that way.

Chewie coos sadly as M leaves.

Back to Club Ritz.
Billy: (looks around) This is going to destroy M.

Billy: How in the world has her dad kept all this from her?

Ava: Uncle Billy, where's mom?
Uncle Billy: She's about to be on stage... (gasps) Ava?!
Ava: Hi.
Uncle Billy: Please tell me you are not really here and I'm imagining things. 

Ava: I'm really here. I snuck in the car and then slipped past this really weird guy. His muscles were on the outside. How is he even alive? 

Billy: Never mind that! Your mom is going to kill us both if she finds out you are here. Come on, we need to find her, she needs to know you're safe and then I'm taking you home.
Ava: No! Home is so boring. I want to hear mama sing. I only see her sing on old YouTube videos.
Billy: Ava. This is no place for a kid.
Ava: I'm not a kid. I'm almost a teenager.

Billy: Still a kid. Your mom pays for your entire life. Wait. I'm not breaking this down for you. We are finding your mom.
Ava: No! Let's just go to Sweet Toof. She'll never know.
Billy: Oh she's going to know.
Ava: (groans) I'm going to be in so much trouble.

Billy: I can't believe you snuck into a club. Ava, your mom isn't going to be mad. Come on, let's go find her.

Lana: Well what do we have here? This is no place for little girls. Especially girls with such pretty blue hair. You're Glo's daughter aren't you? We met a bit ago. Do you remember me?
Ava: Yeah. You work with my mama.
Lana: I do. Do you know this man?
Ava: Yeah, he's my uncle.
Billy: I'm sorry. Ava snuck in, we're just about to leave. I'm looking for Glo first.

Lana: Of course. I suppose these things happen. Here, let me show you both to the dressing room. You can wait safely there for Glo.

Billy: Thank you, that will be great. I was going to text her, but the reception is not the best here.
Ava: What is everyone doing here? Why are they playing cards? Can we play some games while we wait for me to get into trouble?
Billy: We're not playing any of those games Ava.

Ava: They look fun. For grown ups though huh?

Billy: Yes. Please lead the way to the dressing room, I'd like to get her home.

Lana: Of course darlin. Follow me. Glo may even be back there. Tell me Ava, did you always have such gorgeous blue hair?
Ava: Yeah, I guess.
Lana: Well aren't you special.

Lana: Uncle Billy, make sure you keep her eyes away from unseemly things. This is certainly no place for the innocent.
Ava: (whispers to Billy) She scares me.
Billy: (whispers to Ava) Don't worry, I'll keep you safe. 

Jason turns too late, missing the entire exchange. 

Police station, across town.
Arcee: There you go. Sorry it took so long to get you here. 
MAL: I understand. You reassembled me quite well. This is a police station huh? (grimaces) From the looks of it, I'm certainly thrilled I am unable to smell.
Arcee: I concur.

Arcee: Shall we discuss our arrangement? I honored my part by getting you out of that abandoned building. 
MAL: Yes. I shall now honor mine. I have compiled the necessary video camera footage. Shall we watch it now?

Back to Dick Tracy!
Dick Tracy: These numbers look a little uneven.

Prune Face: We like it that. All courtesy of Big Boy.

The Brow: Get him!

Bam!

Pow!

The men all hoot and holler as they overwhelm Toy Valley's beloved detective. 

Prune Face: You just had to keep digging your own grave, didn't ya Tracy?
The Brow: Should have just left well enough alone. 

Suddenly...
The Rodent: Come on, knock him out! 

The Rodent: (hears something) Wha-

The Rodent: Ahhh!

Itchy: Would you look at this? It's Toy Valley's freak with a cape. Get him!
The Brow: Yeah. Two for the price of one.

Wam!

Bang!

Boom!

Dick Tracy: Nice of you to drop in.
Batman: I dislike an unfair fight.
Dick Tracy: I could've handled it.

Batman: Right. Let's finish this.

Zip!

Smash!

Dick Tracy: Thank you. 
Batman: Don't mention it. What's this all about?
Dick Tracy: Gee, you don't call, you don't write, you don't pop into my office unannounced. You've missed a lot. These crooks work for someone I'm trying to take down. Been building a case for months. 
Real wise guy, rap sheet as long as a CVS receipt.
Batman: Who is this?

Dick Tracy: Al Caprice, or as he's commonly known Big Boy. He tried to kill my girlfriend's former fiancé. Made some poor sap take the fall. I think he killed that slack jawed perp that shot at us. Pretty sure he's helping with the toxic waste that is going missing around town. It doesn't end. 

Batman: (immediately thinks of Miss M) What are you going to do now?
Dick Tracy: I'm going to call this in and pay a visit to Big Boy. Hey! Where are you going?

Dick Tracy: I could use your help.
Batman: I have to take care of something real quick. I'll meet you at Club Ritz.

Dick Tracy: Geez. We really should sync our calendars a bit better.

The Club Ritz basement.
Krystal: Hello? Anyone down here?

Krystal: What is this doing under the club?

Bebop: Hey! You're not supposed to be down here.

Bebop: You gotta leave toots.
Krystal: Are you the only one here?
Bebop: You gotta problem with hearin? You can't be down here.
Krystal: Please. I'm a singer at the club. I'm looking for my boyfriend.

Bebop: Lady, only you and me down here.

Krystal: He's not alive. (pauses) What's in these barrels? Is it really toxic waste?

Bebop: (contemplates his honesty) Eh what the hell, yeah, it is. 
Krystal: Are there ever other things in there? Like. Bodies?
Bebop: Listen, I'm here to help move the barrels in and out. I'm not here to get caught up in some Nancy Drew mystery.
Krystal: Please. My boyfriend, his name is, was, Cletus. He upset Big Boy real bad. I know he's dead. I've been told he might be down here. 

Bebop: If he is, there won't be a body neatly bagged away in a corner. If his remains are here, they're in one of these barrels. I wouldn't go looking too much if I were you. Different types of waste and what not can cause problems. You really shouldn't be down here.

Krystal: Please. I just need a moment.
Bebop: Alright. I need to make some deliveries, so you can have a few moments, but when I get back you better be gone. (sighs) Might wanna check the red one.

Krystal: Thank you. 

Bebop leaves.
Krystal: (feels tears sting her eyes) Cletus. Oh Cletus. Are you in there?

Krystal: (softly cries) Wherever you are now, just give me a sign. You don't deserve this. To be down here. This place. Oh this awful place.

Krystal: They'll pay for this. They'll all pay.

Police station.
Arcee: Is this accurate?

MAL: What do you tink? 
Arcee: But it doesn't make sense. 

MAL: I never said I'd help make sense of it, just that I'd be able to show you who was there the night Jafar died.

Arcee: What reason does a singer at Club Ritz want with allegedly killing a rich oil tycoon?
MAL: You got me.
Arcee: And what did you say her name was again?
MAL: I believe her name is Lana.

Club Ritz.
Jason: Man, this night feels weird. Where are the usual suspects?

Glo: Jason, have you seen my friend?
Jason: Umm, no. What does your friend look like?
Glo: His name is Billy. He's wearing a blue Power Ranger suit. Not in a cosplay sort of way, he was a legit Power Ranger when he was a teen. He still might be, but I dunno how that all works.

Jason: Can't say I have seen him. You doing ok?

Glo: Yeah. Just feeling this weird vibe tonight. Something feels off. Did you notice Big Boy and Breathless heading up to his penthouse? What's that about?
Jason: I didn't notice. But I was just telling myself that. About things feeling weird tonight.

Miss M: Oh Glo, thank goodness!
Glo: M?! What are you doing here?
Miss M: I don't know what all you know, but I need to see my dad. Have you seen him?
Glo: Umm, I saw him going up to his penthouse. What's going on?

Miss M: Dick has been investigating my dad. He says my dad is a criminal. But that can't be right. My dad said he changed his ways.

Glo: Oh M. I didn't want you to find out this way.
Miss M: Wait, you too?
Glo: I mean, yeah, I work here. I've seen some things.
Miss M: Glo no. I'm so sorry. Oh this is just awful. I can't believe this is happening. I'm so confused.

Glo: It's ok, we can talk about this more later. I think you need to talk to your dad. Do you want me to go with you?
Miss M: No, I need to do this alone.

Lana: Attention! Attention!

Lana: Patrons of Club Ritz, I have an announcement.

Lana: We're closing early tonight. For a funeral.

Glo: What the hell is this?
Miss M: Glo, is this normal?
Glo: No. Go on and find your dad. I'll take care of this crazy bitch.

Miss M: Ok, I'll be right back. I'm sorry girl, I didn't know what all you'd be dealing with by working here.

Glo: No, we're not doing that. I pushed for this. You were skeptical about me working here to begin with. We'll talk more later. Find your dad. Love you girl.
Miss M: Love you too.

Glo: Funeral? For a friend?
Lana: Hardly darlin. You are no friend.
Glo: Oh. But I'm very much alive. Planning to kill me tonight?

Lana: Something like that.

Lana: Everyone, leave now! Tonight it's just staff. And some surprise guests.

Glo: What the hell?! Jason, can you please find my friend?

Jason: I'm on it.

Back alley.
Dick Tracy: (looks at the pile of crooks) Yeah, really needing that backup right about now.

Dick Tracy: Time to call it in. (tapping wrist) Arcee...

Wham!
Flattop: (slinks out of the shadows of the alley) Nighty night Tracy.

Flattop: Get up boys. We got a package for Big Boy.

Up Next!

Lives will never be the same! It'll be a hot time at Club Ritz!





No comments:

Post a Comment