Saturday, September 26, 2026

All My Toys: 318

 It's a three part September sweeps event, click below for more!


New York City. Channel 6 News.
Vernon: Really April? You think Burne is going to care about some story in Toy Valley?
April: It's not just some story Vernon. I've been doing research, there is something strange going on there. 
Vernon: April. We live in New York City. There are thousands of more compelling stories than what? Some second rate mob story involving toxic waste? What is this, the '90s? Do we need to call Captain Planet? (laughs in a snooty nerd way)

April: I've been through something similar. Back in high school. My former best friend, M, and I moved to a little town called Tromaville for a semester. We got caught up in a crazy scandal involving illegal activity with toxic waste and the school principal. It could have been really bad. But, there was this guy, a Toxic Crusader that helped us save the day. I think he is somehow involved behind the scenes in trying to stop what is going on in Toy Valley. 

Vernon: (looks unimpressed) Burne is not going to go for this. I'm just looking out for you.
 
April: Right Vernon. Well, at least with this story, I won't have to worry about you trying to get the scoop before me.
Vernon: Oh by all means, tackle this toxic tale of terror in Toy Valley. It's your funeral. Come to think of it, that is a good title for the story.

April: (sighs) Can it Vernon. 

Toy Valley. Glo's house.
Glo: Sure you want to come out tonight?
Billy: Yeah. I think it might be nice to actually see you perform. 
Glo: (pauses) Billy. There's something you should know about Club Ritz. 
Billy: I already know.

Glo: You do? 

Billy: Well yeah. It's a night club with a lounge act and rich men throwing their money around. I'm sure the sleazy sights will be a plenty. I used to fight a woman with a giant cone bra, nothing really phases me anymore.

Ava: (surprises Glo and Billy) Uncle Billy is going to work with you mama?
Glo: He's going to see me sing tonight, yes. Your Glamma is feeling better and will be watching you.
Ava: Mom. I am old enough to watch myself.
Glo: No you are not. 

Ava: But Glamma won't order pizza tonight like Uncle Billy does. Why can't I just go with Uncle Billy to watch you sing too?

Glo: That's a big no. I work at a place for adults. When you turn 21, we'll talk. (pauses) Heaven help me I will hopefully be singing somewhere else by then.
Ava: You never let me do anything fun. I'm so bored.
Glo: Well good. That means you can either finish cleaning your room or catching up on school work.
Ava: (gasps in Pikachu face) Oh no!

Billy: Hey Ava, I won't be out late. Maybe if you get your chores done, and it's ok with your mom, I will bring home some sweet treats from Sweet Toof?

Ava: I like that plan. Is that ok mama?
Glo: (rolls eyes) Yes. Always getting your way. 

Ava: Yup.

Ava: (smirks) Have fun tonight. 

Club Ritz. Across town.
Big Boy Caprice: Is this about the show tonight, because maybe you take it up with Lana eh?
Breathless: No Big Boy, I'm here to talk with you. I've learned something very interesting, that you should know.

Big Boy Caprice: What should I know? Flattop finally get some sense knocked into him?

Breathless: Hardly. It's about payback. Payback for killing Jafar. We all know you're a slippery fish Big Boy. You get away with everything. Not this time. And I have the perfect revenge, I'm just dying to tell you all about it.

Another part of town. Miss M's apartment. 

Miss M: Ya know, we should go to your place more.
Dick Tracy: Oh really? Ready to spend some time in my bachelor's paradise?
Miss M: It's got a certain charm. I know I have been wanting to stick around here more since Chewie is getting older.
Chewie: Woof!
Miss M: But, I dunno, it might be nice to spend more time at your place.
Dick Tracy: Any particular reason?

Miss M: I talked with Yvie when she was here last weekend. I may have been a little too hopeful that she'd be ok with me dating someone who isn't her dad.
Chewie: Woof, woof!

Dick Tracy: I see. (grabs hand) Listen, we've got all the time in the world. There's no reason to rush anything. Yvie's feelings come first. Are you concerned about me being here?
Miss M: No, not really. I don't think she'd just show up with Bruce or Moth Lady. I just, get so comfortable with you here all the time. It makes me think about what it might be like down the road. When we might one day live together. Spending more time at your place too, it might just remind me that we are going slow. And not just playing house.
Dick Tracy: You think we're playing house?
Miss M: No. I don't think we're playing anything. I just. I love spending time with you. I'm mixed in my emotions. I want to run full speed ahead but I also know we have to go slow.

Dick Tracy: Yeah, going slow is ok. I'm not going anywhere.
Miss M: I know. We're just not getting any younger ya know? I feel like I've wasted my life with so many doomed relationships.
Dick Tracy: Hey, nothing has been doomed. You just had some interesting learning experiences that led you to me. Or rather, back to me as it were.

Miss M: This is true. I just love you so much Dick. You've been such an important constant in my life after everything that happened with Bruce.
Dick Tracy: I know. Hey, look at me.

Miss M: Yeah?
Dick Tracy: We're going to get through this. I have no doubt. We're gonna grow old together. You'll be a sassy old lady making amazing food for us and I'll be an old crotchety man by your side trying to sneak a bite out of your food a sly kiss. Yvie will be older, she'll come over for Sunday supper. We'll be that family you've dreamed about having your whole life. I promise. Then, we'll stay up late watching the Golden Girls and reminiscing when Mr. Pibb was only fifty cents.
Miss M: Gosh I miss the prices from last century.

Dick Tracy: I love you M. You're my gal. 

Miss M: I've never been more ready to get old. 

...Calling Dick Tracy! Al "Big Boy" Caprice is fitting someone with cement shoes!

Miss M: (stares in confusion) Did I just hear that correctly? Is that watch thingy talking about my dad?
Dick Tracy: (stomach drops) M.
Miss M: What is going on? Is this some sort of joke?

Dick Tracy: I can explain. I didn't want to have to explain this way, but I can explain.
Miss M: So explain.
Dick Tracy: I can't right now, I have to answer this call.
Miss M: What do you mean? You have to go after my dad? Is my dad committing a crime? I mean, cement shoes. He's just making footwear. Because he's gay. Right?
Dick Tracy: What? No. You're dad is not gay. He's a criminal. I'm sorry M. I want to tell you everything, but I have to go.

Miss M: (in shock) A criminal? (shakes head) You're going to just go? I... I don't even know what to say. My dad. He's a changed man. He did his time. He's an upstanding businessman now.
Dick Tracy: No. No he hasn't changed his ways. Only hidden them.
Miss M: Oh my gawd. Is this why you got back together with me? To use me to go after my dad?!

Dick Tracy: What? No! I'm sorry M, I'm so sorry. Just stay here and I will be right back to tell you everything ok?
Miss M: (stares blankly) What is happening.

Dick Tracy: I'm so sorry. I love you. 

Dick Tracy: And I'll be right back. I promise.

Miss M: (lost in thought) Sure. Sure. 

Back at Club Ritz.
Big Boy Caprice: What the hell are you talking about? I didn't kill anyone! 
Breathless: Just like you didn't kill Krystal's man?
Big Boy Caprice: That little worm was insignificant. Jafar, he was one of my best customers! Let's just talk about this.
Breathless: I'm done talking Big Boy. This place is mine.

Big Boy Caprice: Now wait a damn minute. I own this club, got it in Lips' will and everything. Fair and square.

Breathless: Oh Big Boy. You silly little man. You should learn how to read the fine print. You do own the club. As in the name of the club. The business. You don't own this building. A fun fact, the city owned this building. It was a historical landmark. Until a little birdy gave me some information, some much needed information. So with all that money Jafar left me, I now own this lovely historical landmark. You've got two days Big Boy.

Big Boy Caprice: What the hell are you on about? You're a crazy woman!

Breathless: Oh no. Far from it. Two days Big Boy. This building, the penthouse, and whatever secrets you have in the basement, are all mine and I will have you removed if you can't comply. Capisce? (grins devilishly)
Big Boy Caprice: Come on Breathless. Be a doll eh? Let's talk about this in the penthouse. Customers will be coming in, we can work something out. I swear I didn't kill him.
Breathless: Save it Big Boy. You're over. 

Up next!
Things start to get hot at Club Ritz!





No comments:

Post a Comment