Tuesday, September 29, 2026

All My Toys: 320

September Sweeps concludes with the newest All My Toys!


Big Boy's penthouse, above Club Ritz.
Miss M: Dad! We need to talk, I need the truth. (pauses) You're not my dad.

Breathless: Indeed, I am not. Who is your dad?

The Club Ritz basement.
Dick Tracy: (head ringing and vision blurry) Where am I?

Big Boy Caprice: You are right where you need to be Dick. 

Big Boy Caprice: That call you got, about me fitting someone for cement shoes, well, those cement shoes are for you Dick. Haha. This is where your culo comes to an end. Finally, I'll be free of the biggest rock in my shoe.

Dick Tracy: You won't get away with this Big Boy. Your trap didn't work. I got help from Batman. He knows what's been going on. (winces from the blow to his head)

Big Boy Caprice: You think I care about that stugotz with a cape? I ain't afraid of nothing! Especially a pathetic man that hides behind a mask, or under a yellow hat for that matter. Your time is up Dick. You're about to go for a little trip. Into one of those barrels over there. 

Big Boy Caprice: Take a long hard look Dick. Premium toxic waste, ready to eat away until your insides migrate to the outside. It's a beautiful thing. No muss no fuss. I had to see to it personally that you see what your future looks like, because it will never be with my daughter. It will never be arresting me. It will be none of the stupido little piss ant things you dream of. Dead! You hear me? Dead!

Big Boy Caprice: Did you know your little stunts got me into therapy? You're messin with my heart! I'm sick of you. You're done! 

Krystal listens in silence, hoping she is not caught.

Dick Tracy: You're making a mistake.
Big Boy Caprice: Eh, what do you know? See ya round Dick. I gotta go deal with a puttana upstairs. 

Club Ritz.

Glo: You got your wish. Everyone is gone.
Lana: It's perfect really. I couldn't have asked for a more perfect night. Are you ready?
Glo: Ready for what? I am growing tired of your games.

Lana: Darlin, have you figured out what I am yet?

Glo: Aside from being a weirdo, no. Not really.

Lana: It's really amazing isn't it? This world we live in. Where you can be a nobody. Stepped on. Stepped over. And then suddenly, you can be under those bright shiny lights. Commanding an audience on a dazzling stage. I wanted that life. Lana's life. So I took it. 
Glo: Lana, what are you talking about? You've lost your mind.

Lana: My skin is growing itchy. It's time for a change. 

Lana: Which is where you come in, darlin. 
Glo: Change? Planning to retire?
Lana: Oh no. Transform. I'm planning to transform darlin. I wasn't sure I was ready, that the time was right. And then along you came. Your talent is undeniable. But it's what you are that really spoke to me. Your daughter too.
Glo: Leave my daughter out of this.
Lana: You still don't get it. Her energy. Her special nature. That come from you or her father?
Glo: Lana. Stop this.

Lana: Oh darlin, you are so pathetic. Which is why I called in a special guest for this most important of nights. Someone who will hopefully tell me what I need to know about you. And Ava. And maybe a little more.

Glo: I'm warning you right now, drop whatever twisted game this is. 

Lana: Oh special guest of mine, why don't you come out and say hello.
Glo: What?! No. Dominique?!

Dominique: It's been awhile, hasn't it?
Lana: Look at me, getting the old group back together.

Glo: You're evil.
Lana: You have no idea darlin.

Big Boy's Penthouse, above Club Ritz.
Breathless: So you're Big Boy's daughter? You seem too sweet to be his blood.
Miss M: Have you seen my dad?
Breathless: He was here a moment ago, but got called away. You look flustered. Or is that your default setting?

Miss M: Depends on the day. Can I ask you something? You seem to know my dad. Is he a good man?

Breathless: Big Boy? A good man? Ha. Oh sweetie, you poor thing. You must not know. Your dad is the head of the largest crime organization in this town. Maybe even neighboring towns too. You had no idea?
Miss M: No. I'm learning all kinds of things tonight.

Breathless: That man is responsible for the death of my fiancé. He runs illegal gambling. Some secret in the basement. He killed the former owner of this club. He's been responsible for so much death. Guess he won't be winning any father of the year awards now will he?
Miss M: I'm so sorry about your fiancĂ©. 
Breathless: I'm sorry too. It can't be easy to learn your dad is a monster.

Miss M: I'm tempted not to believe any of it. I so badly want this to all be wrong. But when I saw the look on my best friend's face. You must work with her. Glo.

Breathless: Glo is your best friend? Aren't you lucky. She's a real peach. I consider her a close friend too. She's helped me a great deal in all this mess. 
Miss M: She's great like that.

Breathless: Truly. I do believe my conversation with your dad can wait. It looks like you need to talk to him more than me.
Miss M: Thank you. And again, I'm sorry for his actions.

Breathless: Oh sweetie, don't sweat it. We all have our issues with the people that raised us. Do me a favor though?
Miss M: Yes?
Breathless: Give him hell.
Miss M: I plan to.

Club Ritz dressing room.

Ava: Uncle Billy. Psps. Uncle Billy. You gotta wake up! 

Billy: (slowly opens eyes) Ava? What happened?

Ava: That woman hit you over the head and then tied me up! But she couldn't tie very well because I freed myself.
Billy: Dang my head is killing me.
Ava: Uncle Billy, we need to go home. It's not safe here.
Billy: Yeah, I'm learning that more and more by the minute.

Ava: You think mama is in trouble?

Billy: I think if she is, it won't be for long. Come on, I'm getting you out of here.

The main stage.
Glo: I don't know why you're here Dominique, but I'd leave. 
Dominique: I'm not going anywhere.
Lana: (glares at Glo) See darlin? She's made her mind up. Since you won't tell me your truth, I figured dear old Dominique would.
Dominique: Watch it, far from old here.
Lana: Oh my mistake. Now, why don't we get to the bottom of this. What coven do you two belong?
Glo and Dominique are silent.

Lana: So quiet. No need to be shy girls.
Dominique: We don't belong to that mess. 
Lana: Funny. I could've sworn Glo here was a witch.
Dominique: Listen, I don't know what this is about. I came here because I have my own business with Glo.
Lana: Oh? Do tell darlin.

Glo: Dominique! What's between us stays between us. 

Breathless: What is this? (recognizes Dominique) Oh my. Is this a Shad3 reunion?! Gosh, I left my cd in the dressing room. 

Glo: Breathless, I'd leave if I were you. 

Breathless: Now why would I do that? This is my building after all. 
Lana: Haha. Oh darlin. Did they accidentally pump your head with air when they inflated your chest? 
Breathless: No. Implants aren't filled with air you clueless cow. And I'm sorry to burst whatever weird party this is, but I indeed own this building. Lovely gift from Trish Manlis. Big Boy owns the club, in name only. I'm giving him two days to move his shit out. At this rate, you can join him. I didn't really care much for you Lana dear.
Lana: Why do this to Big Boy? He's done so much for you?
Breathless: He killed Jafar. I couldn't let him get away with that.
Lana: (laughs wickedly) Oh you blonde tart. So foolish. Big Boy didn't kill your lover boy. I did.
Breathless: (gasps) You lie.
Glo: Why would you do that Lana?
Dominique: I'm beginning to regret showing up.

Lana: I don't lie darlin. I killed Jafar. I needed you here. I couldn't have you running off to the Sunlands.
Breathless: Why?! He was my ticket out of here!
Lana: Oh darlin. I'm your ticket out of here. None of you get it. Pity. My skin. It needs a new coat.

Glo: (smacks Lana across the face) Enough!
Lana: No darlin. I'm the one to decide that.

Club Ritz basement.
Krystal: (hears Dick Tracy struggling) Need any help?

Dick Tracy: Hey. I could use a hand. Yeah. You've been down here long?

Krystal: Sort of. I was looking for my boyfriend. Actually, just what's left of him.
Dick Tracy: You were involved with Cletus, weren't you?
Krystal: Yeah. He wasn't perfect, but he was my perfect. 

Dick Tracy: I understand. We were trying to get him to help us. I'm sorry for your loss. But if you want any justice for him, you'll help me. I need to find Bog Boy. I don't want him hurting anyone else.
Krystal: I can help you.

Dick Tracy: Thank you. Do you know the way out of here?
Krystal: Right back there. It's one way out, but from the entrance you have access to the club or a secret path to Big Boy's penthouse suite on the top floor. 
Dick Tracy: Ok. Well come on, let's get out of here. I'll make sure you're safe.

Krystal: I'm sorry, but I want to stay down here a little longer. I haven't said goodbye. 
Dick Tracy: I understand. (turns to the sounds of footsteps)

Batman: Hey. What are you doing down- (looks around) what is this?

Dick Tracy: It's what we use to take Big Boy down. He's been part of the toxic waste missing around town. Should've hung around the alley with me, Big Boy also had me kidnapped.
Batman: Lucky for you I checked the basement first. He just keeps breaking the law doesn't he? Well let's find this guy. Are we taking her with us?

Dick Tracy: No, she needs a moment down here. 
Batman: Very well. Come on.

Krystal: You two be careful. It's pretty dangerous around here.

Club Ritz dressing room.
Jason: Billy?
Billy: How did you know my name?
Jason: The Power Ranger suit. Glo asked me to find you. And, uh, why is there a kid here?
Ava: My mama is Glo.

Jason: Does she know you're here? Because you really shouldn't be here.

Ava: No. And I already know I'm in trouble. Uncle Billy said so. But there's a mean woman out there. She tied me up and hit Uncle Billy in the head.

Billy: Yeah, her name's Lana. I'm just trying to stop the room from spinning. I really need to get Ava out of here.
Ava: (stares at Jason) Are you a bad person? Like Lana?

Jason: No. I'm a friend of your mom's. Come on, I know a way out. And then I'll help your mom.

Big Boy's penthouse.
Big Boy Caprice: Ok Breathless, let's talk business. 

Miss M: I'm afraid it's just going to be you and me right now. Dad.

Big Boy Caprice: M? What a nice surprise! 
Miss M: You look surprised.
Big Boy Caprice: And you look moschino. What's wrong?
Miss M: A few things. Yeah. A few things. Is Dick investigating you? 
Big Boy Caprice: What in the world is this about? What has he been telling you?
Miss M: It's not just him. There have been a few people telling me things. About you. And your business.

Big Boy Caprice: All right. This one time I'll let you ask me about my affairs. 

Miss M: Oh don't do that. Don't quote that movie with me. I can quote movies too. I want you to be honest with me. Are you a criminal? What have you done?! 

Big Boy Caprice: What do you want form me?! Haven't I proven myself? 

Miss M: You can prove yourself to me right now. Tell me! I have already seen the card tables. The gambling that goes on here. What else? Dick was asking me questions a few months ago. About my wedding day to Bruce. He was looking into the murder of some assassin. Were you part of that? What have you done?!

Big Boy Caprice: I did what needed to be done. You think some stugotz is going to marry my daughter?! You think any of these lousy pricks are worth your love?! Yeah! You want to know everything? I hired a man to kill Bruce Wayne on your wedding day. And I've been trying to stop your precious Dick Tracy too! 
Miss M: (in shock) No. You can't be serious. What was wrong with Bruce? 
Big Boy Caprice: Ah he was nothing but a rich weirdo. He's lousy! No good!
Miss M: He's Yvie's father! You remember your granddaughter right? You were going to just have him killed?! Do you know what that would have done to her?! Dad!

Big Boy Caprice: Yvie would've been fine. She has you. Me. Itchy. A whole group of us ready to look after her.

Miss M: I don't even recognize you. This whole time, it's all been a charade. I don't know who is worse. You or my mother.

Club Ritz dressing room.

Dick Tracy: Billy?
Billy: It's a whole party.  

Dick Tracy: Uh, this is no place for a kid. 
Jason: Real perceptive.

Batman: That's Glo's daughter Ava. What is she doing here?
Dick Tracy: How did you know that was Glo's daughter?
Batman: I'm Batman.

Billy: She snuck in. We were then led here by one of the singers, Lana, who then hit me over the head. There's something strange going on at this club. 
Ava: Are we going to die?
Jason: We're not going to let anything happen to you. 
Dick Tracy: He's right. You three stay here. Batman and I are going to look around. We'll be right back.
Ava: Ohh. My friend Yvie says that is a terrible thing to say in horror movies. People don't usually come back after saying that.
Dick Tracy: Heh. Maybe in a horror movie. It's different in real life. 

Dick Tracy: So we're looking for Big Boy and Lana. 
Batman: The list keeps growing. We need to make sure Glo is ok.
Dick Tracy: I'll also call again for backup.
Batman: Good luck with that. You know how crooked your department is. We're on our own tonight.

Main stage. Club Ritz.
 
Lana: (crying out from being knocked down)  That was rude darlin.
Glo: (snaps) I don't care. (Glares at Dominique) Why would you come here? We made a deal. When Shad3 broke up, we made a deal!
Dominique: Need I remind you, deals can be broken. I'm tired of living in the shadows, especially after what you did.
Glo: You know I had no choice.

Lana lunges up to attack Glo!

Lana: What happened to Nelly, huh Glo? You've got a real Behind the Music story don't ya darlin?

Breathless: Stop! 

Dominique: This is so tragic. Two grown women fighting like that.
Breathless: We need to do something.
Dominique: I'm not getting involved. After everything Glo has done, she can work this out.
Breathless: What are you even talking about?!

Lana laughs maniacally as Glo knocks her wig off.

Breathless: Oh. That's a surprise.
Glo: Lana, I didn't mean to. Here let me help you up.

Lana: Haha. That's your line in the sand? Knock my hair off and suddenly we can call a truce? Haha. There will be no truce. I'm still waiting for you to finally get it. Dominique and you might not be witches in the truest of sense, but you both know about the awful things that roam this world. I figured you'd sense it. Tell me the truth, what was Ava's father? Her blue hair. He was an ice sprite, wasn't he?
Glo: I'm not going to talk about this with you. I'm done here.
Lana: (shakes head) No. I don't think so.

The three women look on in horror as Lana reveals her true self.

Lana?: Ready to take a guess at what I am?
Breathless: Dead from the looks of it.
Lana?: I'm very much alive. Thanks to a lovely Navajo witch.
Glo: (gasps) You're a skin walker.
Lana?: See. You know about these things. My real name is Charlotte. Anyone gotta light? I've been craving a smoke. (pauses) No? Fine.

Charlotte: I envy you girls. Living your lives freely, focusing on your careers. I wanted to be a showgirl. My favorite was Lana Taylor. I thought she was so glamorous. But instead I settled down and married Fred. A louse of a man. Unfaithful. We lived in New Mexico. He could never keep his hands away from that damn Betty Merriweather. So he had to go. I wasn't going to give up my dreams. But that damn Betty. She couldn't leave well enough alone. Shot me right in the face, and then dumped me off near a Navajo reservation on the outskirts of town. At that time, the police weren't interested in the goings on at the reservation. Bodies would be dumped there all the time. But I was found, barely hanging on by a lovely Navajo woman with mystic powers. She agreed to help me, but there would be a cost. 

Breathless: Is this real or some sort of skit?
Dominique: Oh I think it's real.
Breathless: Dang. 

Charlotte: I was granted the ability to be a skin walker. Now not like the Navajo skin walker, I wasn't pure of blood, so I became something that needed to be fed. You see, I wanted to live. But in order to live, I'd need to kill. But my coats, they never last. Lana was one of my favorite coats. I traveled to Vegas. Saw every one of her shows, before finally meeting her back stage and taking her skin for my own. It's been a glorious life, it really has. My skins can't last forever. Which is why every so often I need a new skin. Without my coats, well it's just not sustainable for me to live looking like this. Now this is where you all come in. I've tended to take one suit at a time, but, you are all special. Glo's little daughter too. I'll be living quite well for some time. 

Club Ritz basement.
Krystal: Oh Cletus. I guess I need to be going. Don't worry, I'm going to make it right.

Krystal: (slips, taking the barrel of toxic waste with her!) Ooh!



Krystal screams as Cletus' remains spill out!


Krystal: Cletus? Oh Cletus. (struggling to get up, Krystal kicks over other barrels)

Krystal: Oh my sweet Cletus, look what they did to you!

Krystal: (wincing from the pain of toxic waste spilling all around her, barely noticing the flames from the chemical reactions of different wastes) Come here, closer.

Krystal: Let me look at you. (sobs) Why did this have to happen? It's this place. It ruins things.

Krystal: I'll be seeing you. Soon.

Krystal begins to hum a song as the flames burn brighter.

Main stage.
Glo: You're not taking my skin, or anyone else's.
Charlotte: We'll see about that. 
Glo: What was your plan? To take the three of us down? 
Charlotte: I'm stronger than I look.
Breathless: Did you do something with Sindel? Is that why she's been missing?
Charlotte: No. She really did disappear. Which is why I made sure you didn't go anywhere. I need more skin, nothing personal.

Suddenly there's a boom!

Dominique: What in the world?

More booms echo below

Charlotte: The basement!
Glo: Oh no.

The flames grow bigger.

Breathless and Dominique scream as they fall back. 

Glo: Watch out!
Charlotte: Oh hell.

Penthouse above.
The room shakes from the explosion below.

Miss M: What was that?
Big Boy Caprice: Eh, not normal I'd say.

Big Boy Caprice: I'm going to go check and see, wait right here eh?

Miss M: No, I'm coming with you. We're not finished dad.

Big Boy Caprice: We're pausing the conversation. Wait here, it's safer than whatever is going on out there.

Club Ritz dressing room.
Billy: (feels the ground shake from the sounds of explosions) Ok, I need to get up. That doesn't sound good.
Jason: Careful. There's some blood behind your ear.
Ava: Uncle Billy, are you ok?
Billy: I'm fine, but we need to get you out of here.

Jason: You need help getting up?
Ava: It feels hot in here.
Billy: I'm ok, let's go.

Ava: Do you smell that Uncle Billy? 
Billy: Yeah, I do. It's ok, let's just focus on getting out of here ok?
Jason: This isn't good.

Jason: Ava, when we leave this room there might be smoke or fire. You stay close to us ok?
Ava: Yeah, yeah. We do fire drills all the time. 
Jason: But this might be the real thing, so stay close.

Flames engulf Club Ritz.


Glo: (coughs) Ugh.

Glo: Breathless? Dominique?

Glo: Help. We need help. (coughs)

Glo: Breathless, can you hear me?
Breathless: (winces in pain) Yeah. I'm getting up. Oh no.

Breathless: Oh no, no. The club. My building! It's on fire!
Glo: We need to get out of here.

Breathless: I don't believe this! (spots help down below) Hey! Over here!

Dick Tracy: How many of you are up there?
Breathless: Three. There was four. We're missing someone.
Batman: We can't get up there, you'll have to walk around, the floor collapsing cleared a path. Hurry!

Billy: We're here too!
Ava: Yeah! Help us Batman!

Glo: Ava?!

The penthouse.

Miss M: What is taking him so long?

Miss M: (sniffs air) Is that smoke? Can't be from the fireplace. Oh no.

M collapses from the heavy smoke rising from below!

Dominique: Come on, this way. 
Glo: Why is my daughter here?!
Dominique: She's going to be ok, let's just focus on getting out of here.

Breathless: Is it safe?
Glo: Yes, come on Breathless! Walk this way.

Batman: Easy does it.

Glo: Oh my goodness, thank you. Where's Ava?
Dick Tracy: She's walking around with Billy. 
Glo: Oh good. Wait! M! M is here.
Dick Tracy: What?!
Glo: She showed up looking for Mr. Caprice. She's up in the penthouse.

Batman: I'm on it. Tracy, get everyone else to safety.

Breathless: Well detective, this sure turned into a mess huh?
Dick Tracy: And not everyone is accounted for either. Hurry, let's get outside.

Glo: I'm so glad you are safe but Ava, what on Earth were you thinking?!
Ava: Mama, it's been a night. Can we discuss my punishment tomorrow?
Glo: (sighs) Just hurry outside. You guys ok?
Billy: Ok. Worried about M
Glo: Me too. But, you know who is on it.
Billy: Yeah. I noticed that.
Jason: Maybe we talk about this outside? Away from the flames?

Ava: I guess Sweet Toof is out of the question?
Glo: Get your behind over here, we are leaving.



Meanwhile...


A hero emerges!

Miss M: (eyes flutter open) It's so hot in here. (squints) Wait. I know you. Toxie?! 

Miss M: I must be dying. 
Toxie: Shh. 
Miss M: Where were you all these years? It's been so long.
Toxie: It has. And you are just as dazzling as ever. 
Miss M: (coughs) Yeah. Right. (falls asleep)



Charlotte: Well. Hell.

Charlotte: There's a silver lining in all this. 

Charlotte: (coughs) Finally. A damn light.

Up next! It's all in the aftermath!



No comments:

Post a Comment