Your favorite toy soap opera continues! Miss M finally figures out what is wrong with her car. Could it really be a bomb? Dun dun duunnn!
Miss M: Hey Mekaneck. Thank you so much for fitting me in.
Mekaneck: Sure thing M. What we got going on? You just got this car right? Already giving you trouble, tsk tsk.
Miss M: Yeah. I mean I don't know. It's weird. Every time I break or make a turn there is this loud clanging sound, very metal on metal, right under my seat. I was told that it could possibly be a bomb.
Miss M: Yeah, I did, but it's probably totally not a bomb. But still. It was high time I figured out what the noise was about.
Miss M: I mean what would they do?
Mekaneck: Ok. (pauses) So. (pauses) It's like their job. A bomb squad knows what to do about a bomb.
Miss M: I get that, but like, aren't you a Master of the Universe? Surely if it is a bomb you'll take care of it in no time. You've dealt with worse. Besides, it's probably a bad break pad or something. I believe in you Mekaneck.
Miss M: Great! I'll be down the street at Jem Books. I'm looking for more of my old Fear Street books. See ya soon.
Mekaneck: Whew. I've got my work cut out for me.
Across town, Paradisa, the new hot spot!
Winston: (singing) Oh you can tell by the way I use my legs to walk that I'm a ladies' man, no time to talk.
Winston: (singing) Oh you can tell by the way I use my legs to walk that I'm a ladies' man, no time to talk.
Winston: (singings) You say love. You say right. But it's alright. It's ok, maybe look the other way. We can fight. All night long. Cuz I'm just stayin alive. Stayin alive.
Boo Bucket: Wiiinstooon.
Boo Bucket: Go on Winston. Open me up. See what's inside. (laughs eerily)
Winston runs off.
Downtown. Police Station.
Dick Tracy: Any news on this mystery case with Lana Taylor and the woman named Charlotte that was impersonating her?Arcee: There isn't much to go off. Can't find a thing on Charlotte. We know she had a husband named Fred, but he's dead. No last names. We're pulling lots of marriage certificates of all the married Freds and Charlottes in New Mexico, and they could've been married in another state. There's also Lana Taylor. Originally from Vegas. From what I have found out, she mysteriously ended her residency at the Flamingo about 20 years ago.
Dick Tracy: How long was she head of entertainment at Club Ritz?
Arcee: That's the interesting thing. Her time at Club Ritz began six years ago, and there is no paper trail to explain what Lana was up to for the fourteen years prior to her time at the Ritz. It's like she was off grid.
Dick Tracy: Ok. Back to Charlotte real quick. Witnesses reported that Charlotte discussed being shot in the face. By the mistress her husband had been involved with. Betty...
Arcee: Betty Merriweather. I've been trying to locate Ms. Merriweather as well, but no luck. Are we also going to talk about the other element of this case? Charlotte claimed she made a deal with a witch on a Navajo Reservation. Something about wearing different skins.
Dick Tracy: Nah, leave the skins to those Fortnite games the kids play. I'm not inclined to entertain superstitious thrills and chills and the like.
Mayor Grody: Tracy! I got a bone to pick with you! Where's Big Boy Caprice? He needs to answer for his crimes damn it! I got a city full of people in a tizzy about a mob boss and missing toxic waste.
Mayor Grody: Now don't you go bein a weasel on me Tracy. I support all the businesses and their owners in this town. How was I to know Big Boy was head of the mafia? Let alone stealing toxic waste and keeping it under his club. This whole mess could've been a lot worse. I need you to find him and arrest him.
Arcee: We're searching everywhere for him Mayor.
Mayor Grody: Well search harder! I want him found! The people of Toy Valley need to feel safe. How can they feel safe with all this organized crime?
Dick Tracy: Mayor Grody, if you had supported my efforts to try and arrest Big Boy when I was solving the Deathstroke case, this mess could have been avoided.
Mayor Grody: Are you trying to be flip with me boy?
Dick Tracy: No. I'm just trying to point out how dangerous it can be when I'm not allowed to do my job. Say, we have enough proof that ties Big Boy to that murder. Think maybe that kid that took the fall for killing Deathstroke might need to have a second look at his case?
Mayor Grody: Ugh. Get with the district attorney. Just make sure you find Big Boy. He needs to answer for his crimes.
Mayor Grody storms off.
Huffing and puffing, Winston slows to a steady pace.
Arcee: What's that look for?
Dick Tracy: He's nervous. Nervous because he's part of this. I can't put my finger on it, but he was close with Big Boy, and now suddenly Big Boy is public enemy number one.
Arcee: Careful Tracy. The walls have eyes around here.
Dick Tracy: Ain't that the truth. We need to find others we can trust in the station. Help us blow this case of corruption wide open.
Arcee: I'm on it Tracy!
Back to Winston, racing through the city streets.
Winston: Maybe I lost that creepy little thing.
Winston: Ah! Go away!
Boo Bucket: WiNsToN!
Winston dashes across the street down a busy alleyway.
Winston: Excuse me. Sorry. (sighs) I think I lost him.
Winston: Excuse me. Sorry. (sighs) I think I lost him.
Mekaneck's Master Mechanic Shop!
Miss M: (rushes in) Hey, that was quick! I was thinking you'd call to tell me it wouldn't be ready until tomorrow. Did you find out what was wrong? Was it a bomb?
Miss M: (rushes in) Hey, that was quick! I was thinking you'd call to tell me it wouldn't be ready until tomorrow. Did you find out what was wrong? Was it a bomb?
Miss M: Ok. Well, don't keep me in suspense. What's wrong with my car. (pauses) Oh no. Is it going to be expensive?
Mekaneck: No. There's actually nothing to really charge you for.
Mekaneck: The source of the clanging sound was not your breaks. Actually had nothing to do with your car at all. It was a can of spray cheese.
Mekaneck: Yeah. There was an empty can of spray cheese under your car. (laughs) It was rolling and hitting the seat tracks, or slide rails, of your driver's seat when you would break or turn. Took me a minute to figure it out, but once I found it, I realized what it must have been. Why did you have have a can of spray cheese under your seat?
Miss M: Oh. My. Gawd. Whoops. So like, I was having a bad day, and I bought all these fun snackie things and had a car picnic in the grocery store parking lot. I guess I must have dropped the can and forgot about it. Ugh. I'm a mess. This whole time I thought for sure something was wrong with my car.
Miss M: I almost wish it was. I feel so silly. I know you said you wouldn't charge me, but I am absolutely leaving you a big tip. (hands Mekaneck some cash)
Mekaneck: You're too kind M.
Winston's apartment.
Winston: (shaking) Ok, just breathe. You're ok Winston. Why is that thing following me?
Winston: (shaking) Ok, just breathe. You're ok Winston. Why is that thing following me?
Winston: More importantly, why am I scared? Who you gonna call? They call me. I'm a Ghostbuster. I got this.
Winston: Something just feels off though. That thing. It's menacing.
Suddenly the air grows cold.
Boo Bucket: Boo. To you! (screeches out a maniacal laugh) Go on! Pop my lid, make my day!
Suddenly Winston hears a door open.
Sarah: Winston?!
Winston: Sarah! What are you doing here?
Sarah: I was able to get away for a bit, so I flew down to surprise you. Babe, what is going on? You look like you've seen a ghost!
Winston: Oh Sarah, I'm so happy to see you.
Sarah: (grows concerned) Winston, you're shaking.
Winston: Something weird is happening to me. I'm being (pauses) haunted.
Up Next!
It's a celebration! And M gets a phone call that will change everything!





















































No comments:
Post a Comment