Saturday, October 5, 2013

Countdown to Halloween, with Halloween Events!

With October already in full swing (have you seen the pumpkins swinging from the trees?) there are a few wonderful things to talk about regarding Halloween events.

A Halloween Special is going to be shown in the RetroDaze Public Domain Theater on October 17th 8:00 PM EST. This will be on the RetroDaze site. One of the RetroDaze contributors (Vaporman) told me about it and it seems like a really cool event! All you have to do is register at RetroDaze and click on the "Theater" link in the navigation box. You will then click "Buy Ticket" to enter the Theater (the ticket costs nothing.) I am very curious to see what this will all be about. Head on over there as it is a very cool place. Here's a promotional image to whet your appetite!


Ok so scenes from Roseanne, Jem, and Punky Brewster are more than enough for this to be one beyond fun Halloween Special!

Speaking of events, who here likes contests? Over at ThEpic Review, there is a 2013 Halloween Grab Bag Contest! Click here to read all about it. There are some fun prizes (3 in all) and the contest runs until Oct. 28th. There are a few ways to enter the contest, so remember, head over to ThEpic Review and learn more! I'll give you a hint about some of the prizes, one involves a Series 1 SLUG Zombie, the second item is a mint Legends of Batman Catwoman figure, and finally (drum roll please) there is a brand new 1966 Classic Style Batman figure from good old Mattel! I think you really should stop reading and head over there, like, yesterday.

But don't really go just yet! I have one more Halloween Event to discuss (for now.) I was invited by ThEpic Review to contribute to a very special post that will debut next Friday (Oct. 11th.) I've been working on this for awhile now, and it will be a major crossover event featuring Miss M (The toy version of me) and some surprise guests. Don't worry, toy Miss M won't be turning into the next Wolverine and appearing all over the place, but this event next week will hopefully be super entertaining! Also, if anyone has any Halloween Events that they would like me to share with everyone, please feel free to email me at missmermista@gmail.com. I am more than happy to post any upcoming fun events for Halloween. Take care everyone!

Updated! I must add one more thing! There is another Halloween contest going on, and it is brought to us all by the Sexy Armpit! Head over to the Sexy Armpit to learn about this Halloween contest and check out the items. There's a bit of something for everyone, so don't delay! Entering is easy and well worth it. I'm totally off this time because it's late and I want some cake. Hope you are all doing well.

6 comments:

  1. That RetroDaze thing sound cool and interesting! Off to check that out, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem! It does sound really cool and interesting. Thanks for the comment.

      Delete
  2. Thanks for the mention Miss M. I also noticed that our friends at Strange Kids Club are holding a "Create Your Own Monster Cereal Mascot" contest again this year. I might try my hand at that one. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was more than glad to. The event sounds like a lot of fun and I wanted others to know about it too. I also like this contest, it sounds like fun and I will need to try and give it a shot.

      Delete
  3. Wait, where else is the Toy Miss M going to appear? I will look it up.I don't really understand this whole League of Extraordinary Bloggers thing still. Is Sean Connery in it?
    I really need to get back into online writing again.Maybe if I relaunch my Pointsincase.com column I can book a Lil' Miss M guest appearance!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well the toy Miss M is going to appear on the blog ThEpicReview. It is just a fun toy interview that pays tribute to something a lot of us like, so I hope it will be good.

      And the League of Extraordinary Bloggers is really just a group of bloggers that post on a weekly topic that is posted on Cool and Collected, though it would be amazing if Sean Connery was in it. Although, he very well could be! lol

      Delete